Rich Girls - What is your take?

Been listening to some tunes again on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Digged out these two boys out of the yard that revolves around the topic of...

Rich girls.

First , we have Billy Joel's Uptown Girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuMWrfXG4E

"Uptown girl
She's been living in her uptown world
I bet she never had a backstreet guy
I bet her mama never told her why

I'm gonna try for an uptown girl
She's been living in her white bred world
As long as anyone with hot blood can
And now she's looking for a downtown man
That's what I am"

Now we have an entirely different take of rich girls by Hall & Oates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mdIWaRi-7c

"You're a rich girl, and you've gone too far
'Cause you know it don't matter anyway
You can rely on the old man's money
You can rely on the old man's money
It's a bitch girl but it's gone too far
'Cause you know it don't matter anyway
Say money but it won't get you too far
Get you too far"

What's your take?

• And now she's looking for a downtown man That's what I am
  • You're a rich girl, and you've gone too far 'Cause you know it don't matter anyway

Most Helpful Girl

• Rich people are fine, I don't have a problem with rich people. Half my family is rich. But when rich people don't work for their shit, that's when I get annoyed.

Like my cousins are totally clueless when it comes to fixing cars so when the most minor of things goes wrong with their cars they just... buy new ones.

-_-

• "Half my family is rich"

Hi, let me get to know you better

jk lol!

• Oh, a lot more ended up being wrong with it further down the road so my sister ended up trading it in for a fusion. but. yeah. my sister drove it for quite awhile.

• Well she ain't so bad eh?

What Girls Said 2

• Do I qualify as rich girl if my daddy makes $20k a month and supports me?

I will say that the lyrics don't apply to me at all regardless. My dad does well now but he didn't always and I've seen some bad shit and dated some shady guys

• Rich people are okay. I don't mind them at all. The only time I have a problem is when they think they're better than everyone else and feel entitled. It gets on my nerves but I haven't met a lot of people who are like that. I've had friends who come from pretty well off families but have totally different attitudes toward life. One refuses to travel or stay anywhere if the place we'll be lodging at isn't up to her standards. She wants to marry someone who is also financially stable. While the other doesn't really care about where we travel to as long as it is an experience. She doesn't even mind whoever she's dating's financial background even if he is unemployed and is in debt and about 10 years older than her. I also met quite a few who just flaunt their money as if it means nothing. One girl in high school paid her peers $22 just to put music into her ipod for her. Again there are many types of rich people, I really think it depends on how they were raised and their morals as well.

What Guys Said 4

• my last gf came from a privileged family, well at least in my opinion she would get upset when i would comment on how lucky she was and that she should be grateful towards her parents... she would get all pissed because she wasn't the most well off girl in the neighborhood and i made her feel spoiled

She dated me because my brother had a rep for being a bad boy and i was associated with him as being a bad boy lol!
    we broke up because there was little understanding between us, i needed 2 jobs to support myself while going to school, so she would complain that i only needed one, when i quit my job as a waiter i stopped taking her out as often for $ reasons she got upset and said i was giving up and becoming boring ( which meant i was spending too much time with her)
    she was never happy, with anything

I will take a happy girl over a rich one any day
    if she is happy and rich thats awesome!!!

• I don't mind rich people if they're done to earth. I plan on making as much money as I possibly can because I dislike being a slave to simple economics, but in no way do material possessions sway me.

I really am happiest with cheap stuff - fruits/vegetables, secondhand guitars, weed, camping supplies, pen/paper.

I'd like to build my own house one day, but it would be teensy tiny. I want to do everything, so I have to start small.

• Rich girls in the city - ehh not my cup of tea
    Rich girls not from the city - they're more chill from what I see.
    Of course that doesn't apply to all girls in those areas.

• Thought you were all about that popular gal in the hood kinda stuff lol?

• My network is vast. :o
      Rich girls from the city want to party, go fine dining and shopping too much.

• I want sugar momma!