Is it weird for me to get a birthday present for a girl who I stopped talking to?

We were kinda dating for a while, but we slowly stopped talking, and now whenever we see each other it's just a simple hi, and that's it. her birthday is coming up and i wanted to buy her a little something, do you think i should avoid a situation like this, considering we are not really serious about each other? oh and what would be your thoughts on me getting her something for Valentine's day?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont see the point in buying her stuff when you barely talk to her

• i really care about her, but i dont feel like it's mutual, i don't want it to seem like i'm trying to buy her or nothing like that, but i want her to know how special i think she is.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 1

• Think of it this way, would she get you anything? Of course, the guy should be the giver, but what's the point, if she doesn't even speak to you anymore

• you're right, to be honest i feel that if i get her something. she'd feel like she has to get me something, but i could really care less if she gave me anything, i just want to make her happy.