Am I clingy if I want my boyfriend to call once a day?

Am I clingy if I want my boyfriend to call at least once a day and meet once a, week

I tried talking to him about this and he doesn't seem to understand. Said he's going through some personal problems. 3 days passed and nothing. I got majorly pissed with him and kinda gave him an ultimatum today and no reply till now.

Most Helpful Guy

• so he says he needs room and you just apply more pressure? way to scare a guy off...

• What do you suggest I do. Wait for him to come around?

• I don't think that's clingy at all. I expect to see them everyday lol But if he's going through some things try to be a little supportive. Though I do think you deserve at least a call a day. 3 days is a long time (for me anyway) and the last few relationships that ended badly, I got no contact for a week and it ended in a break up because I was already over it.

• LoL seriously if you are over a guy after a week, it can't be such a great relationship. I can understand that you want to see him daily. Would be preferred for me too but it's not a necessity.

What Guys Said 6

• I guess not, but why don't you call him then? You are the one who wants to talk, after all.

• I did. Im in Med school. So the only time I could call was at night and he'd be asleep by then.

• a little bit.

haha you osund like my mom, she wants to listen my voice at least once per day :-P

• No your not clingy, he just doesn't care that much about you.

• It's only clingy if you get super pissed if a day goes by once in a while when y'all forget to call.
    Wanting to talk once a day isn't clingy, it's not being able to deal with it not happening every now and then that's clingy.

• I got pissed cuz a week has gone by and nothing. He replies to my texts ( one word). I called twice and he didn't pick up cuz he was asleep.

• no i do bleieve talking or at leasat good morning is important on a daily basis

• Sound reasonable.

What Girls Said 11

• No. That's what a girlfriend should do. If you didn't do any of those things then it'd sound you didn't care about your boyfriend. Once a day is normal. If you went a day without talking to your boyfriend then he'd probably wonder about you. It's good to see what you're up to and once a day is nothing. Once a week is good too. I've seen people who were clingy and you're not even close. My brother and his girlfriend can't even go a few days without talking to each other. The longest they been away from each other was 3 days and they live like about an hour away from each other. They have to call/text each other everyday. If my brother can't go down there then she gets upset and then she'll try to come down here it's the same way with my brother too. I think that's a bit clingy but if you love someone sometimes you enjoy being around the person you love.

• Ehh a little bit to me. I mean, my boyfriend and I don't see each other every day. We only get to see each other once a week and that doesn't even happen all the time. During the time that we are apart, we could go 3-4 days without speaking with each other. It's just how we are.

• I think texting good morning and calling at night to ask how your day went is good and not clingy at all. I expect this in a relationship. But I also can understand when someone needs space, they just need to make it clear that they do.

• No. If he doesn't call you or see you much then it's probably not gonna last long.

• Calling everyday is a bit clingy. Wanting to see him once a week is actually low to me I'd like to see my boyfriend almost everyday

• Nope you're not.

• Well depends on what he wants too

• Not necesarily, but if he is going through some issues, give him a break!

• Nope. Most of my exes expected that of me.

• I don't think that's clingy. But everyone will have their own definition of clingy. Some people are more introverted or need a lot of space, it's no ones fault, and sometimes people go through stuff that they need to deal with on their own first... So give him some space while he sorts stuff out, but if he continues to not call/come over maybe you two are just not compatible in that way and it's time to move on.

• Nope, but if he has said this to you, he doesn't see you as long term.

• My friends with benefits always text me once a day and fucked me once a week. I'd say that you would be in this categorisation