Does race matter to guys or girls?

Does skin colour matter to guys? I'm black, and in my school which is 99.9% white in a very white neighbour like the poshest place in the city! 98% of my boyfriends have been white & it didn't bother me till now! I'm a very good looking girl don't get me wrong eg. I was voted the top 3 most stunning girls in my year group but I now feel like a minority. There's a guy who I like and ave kissed him 2 times but he said to his cousin, who is my best friend, that he likes blondes. And I'm not blonde, so does that mean he hates black girls? Also now I'm kinda stopping to like white guys only because I'm scared for them to take me home to meet their parents! Also does race really matter & give me your opinion on what your parents would say if you broke home a different race! by the way if you say yeas it doesn't mean you're racist, it's just an opinion x

• Yes it does matter
  • No it doesn't matter
  • Maybe it just depends

Most Helpful Guy

• Race doesn't matter to me but I notice it's a big deal to most other people.

What Guys Said 9

• My parents wouldn't care. My mom would probably be thrilled, since she's been bugging me about grandchildren, recently.

Personally, I was really in to black chicks when I was younger. As I grew up, my tastes changed, and now my preference is white or Hispanic chicks. I'm not attracted to any black girls, at all, just about, now. Even Beyonce is kinda meh, to me. White and black mixed girls can be ridiculously hot, though. That's rare, though, at least for my preference.

Not sure what happened. Asian girls are either damn hot or damn not, to me, but I wouldn't say no just because of that. Black girls, I just can't do, anymore, for whatever reason. With the exception of one half white half black chick I recently met. She was gorgeous.

To answer your question, yes, race does matter, but the extent that it matters will vary from person to person. It may not matter at all to some or most guys: to others, it may mean everything. And, some could just take it or leave it.

Ultimately, it just really depends on *who* you're talking to. It's all about preference, and everyone is going to have a different one.

My suggestion is to quit worrying about it until you have to. You'll find out what your guy likes. You just have to have a bit of patience. Or, you could openly speak with him about it--the direct route would probably be best if you really wish to know. And, just because he may prefer blondes, doesn't mean that he doesn't like black chicks. It's just a preference, and love can still overcome that.

• It matters to some but, just because a person has a preference doesn't mean that excludes anything else. I prefer latin women and am not as into white chicks but, most of my exes have been white.

The only thing that really matters is who you actually are, everything else is just flavor.

• i don't care about race basically

this

• Race does not matter to me. It is the attraction or physical, spiritual and personality. The guy that prefers blondes may just prefer blondes and its not a racial issue. I think you are overanalyzing, obviously your "very white" school is able to ignore your race enough to vote you in the top 3 most stunning girls.

• It definitely becomes a thing when you think like this. like who you like. I've brought home various raced girls and my black family only gives me crap for bringing a black girl cuz they think I don't like them lol
    I prefer races that aren't black or white but I still think they're hot

• No, why would it matter?

• I've dated a black girl before. Race doesn't matter in the slightest!

• Eventually the white race will disappear and I say this as a white guy. White with black gives black babies. In a coupke of decades I think race will matter a lot as people see what is happening.

• If anything, all races will disappear. There's a theory that humans will evolve to look more Brazilian, and that that will be the only race.

• People will always want some differences. I can see people manipulating DNA in the future to give them different looks. small groups will also hold out to keep their race alive, its just a natural human reaction to change b

• To a lot of people it still is both consciously and subconsciously unfortunately but to me it does not.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't care about race at all - just about the person behind it.

• I'm black and I am only attracted to white guys. There's nothing wrong with it and his parents will learn it accept it. Mixed babies are so cute.

• It's never mattered to me, as long as I'm attracted to the guy. My parents have never and wouldn't care about me bringing home a guy of a different race, they're super openminded like me. Sooo yeah.

• Well, I only like pale skin and tan skin on a guy so I guess it does to me

but studies have shown that skin color matters much more to women than it does men so don't sweat it.

• Well just comparing my poll it's suggesting it matters to men a lot more than girls.

• Well studies are usually professional conducted. Polls on gag, meh.

• No it doesn't matter to me

• For me race doesn't matter, but i don't know how some of my family would react. My grandparents would probably have some issues... But my parents would be cool as long as the guy is good to me and i'm happy.

• To me race doesn't play a part at all, if I'm interested in you then I don't care what your ethnicity /skin color is and if your cute your cute I don't discriminate