When is a good time to have 'THE TALK'?

In a long distance relationship... When do you feel it's the right time to have the talk. Though it's long distance and you don't see each other often but you talk or text every day.

I don't want to be a shrink (free therapist) anytime he needs advice or reassurance. He has confirmed this himself... ( thanks, you always know the right thing to say). We've both made it clear that we intend to settle down at some point right from the get go, but we've not even been exclusive yet or anything. I don't want to push him to get that title (upgrade to being a girlfriend or maybe fiance)

He talks about getting married and lately asking for my dad's number? I've got an hunch about what this talk is about but I don't want to give him my dad number when we've clearly not had 'THE TALK'.

I feel he should come down to see me so we could talk the talk... What do you all think? I don't want to approach this via text or phone...

What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's easy for him to come to you, then by all means have him come down and talk to him.

• He's like 5hrs away... I don't want to start assuming the title and thats not what's he's thinking. I went to see him first though but I can't understand why he can't come. We are both busy with jobs and all.

What Guys Said 2

• In person is best.

• Physically go to him and say, "We've got to talk."

What Girls Said 1

• So you want to marry him, don't want to marry him? Tell him about the flowers and the bees, what? Im confused.