How much of an age difference is acceptable?

the guy I'm seeing is 10 years old will that cause issues in the relationship

Most Helpful Guy

• I assume you mean "10 years older". In which case, you're absolutely fine.

What Guys Said 7

• 10 years is fine if the younger person is at least 25 or older. that's my personal opinion.

• 10 years is wayy too much in my opinion..

If I dated a 5 year old or 25 year old, my parents would freak out..

• I don't think I'd go for a 25 year old if I was 5, either. Bit old for me at that age.

• Hahaha damn that was meant to be a sarcastic joke - just re-read what the question said. Apologies. ;)

• I would say at 19, up to 1 year older or down to 3 years younger. Maybe later I would go to 2 older and 5 younger.

• It's fine.

• 10 years old... that's uber wrong.

• No... not necessarily...

What Girls Said 6

• No. But depends very much of your age. You can go 25-35, 30-40, 40-50 etc or at worst 20-30, even if it is gonna be difficult. If you're both mature and are on the same line, then it's fine. But the problem with age difference it that even if there's love, you both want different things from life. The younger one wants to explore, the older already did and doesn't have patience anymore. One of you will want kids, the other is too young for that. And the list can go on.
    So yeah, it's actually about the level of maturity you both have, because in this cases love is not enough.

• I need a guy whose at least 30 years older..
    All the issues. 😂

• thats crazy... a 49 year old guy? he'd be like... soooooooooo old

• 10 years old or 10 years older?

If you are both legal, then whatever.

• I don't think you should be dating a 10 year old boy

• I'm 30 and I don't date men younger than me. I love older men 40-45. But 45 is the oldest I'll go.

• I wouldn't date anyone who's 10 years old, but I would easily date someone 20 years older than me.