Not ready for an "I love you" yet, how do I respond?

I'm with my boyfriend now for a few weeks but we see eachother every day at work and we've got the feeling we know eachother very well. He told me he loved me this weekend, but I don't feel comfortable yet saying it back, so I just smile and kiss him, or say "aww, that's sweet", but it'll get boring or weird when I keep responding like this.
How do you respond or what do you think is a good response in a situation like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk to him about it and be honest. You're not doing him any favors by hiding how you feel about it.

What Guys Said 2

• Just feel flattered that he has shared his feelings with you. Give it time and talk to him over it. It will grow on you eventually if you really like him back.

Communication is important in relationships.

• Instead of replying, kiss him. That way you won't have to say anything & he will also be happy.

What Girls Said 2

• That actually happened to me and I couldn't see myself running from the answer everytime, so I talked to him about it straight away. He understood that people take their time developing feelings and that I had my own issues going on. Eventually, time made me feel the same way about him.

I'd say, pay attention to see if he's bothered or if he's ok with this. If there's some sort of tension around it, you should definitely talk to him, say that you really like him but you find it early to sort your feelings out.
    Anyways, you can and should tell him that you like him a lot, point out everything you like about him.

• Tell him you appreciate his sentiments and really enjoy being with him too but you're not sure if you have the same feelings yet. Honesty is always best. Be clear that you care about him but your feelings are still developing.