Is it too soon to touch sexually?

I feel silly asking, I admit.

I've been seeing him for over a month but only a couple of weeks since we first kissed. Now it's getting hot and heavy and I told him I wanted to take things slow but I know he's still going to try! Even though he said it's ok. I know he will still try and I can just say no again or not.

I don't know what to do. I want to be physical with him but I don't want to rush things is the problem. I do feel silly making out so heavily with no sexual touching. Obviously we are touching otherwise however.

What do you think? Am I being too careful?

Most Helpful Girl

• Take your time. When you're ready you're ready. I'm dating a boy right now, and I'm still young, yes I know, but we've been dating for over a year. We aren't touchy at all, because neither of us is ready, even though many people are pressuring us to do these things. I personally think that's why we're lasting so long. Or one of the reasons. That's just my opinion, but really it's your call. If you're comfortable around him, then go for it and enjoy it. If you aren't ready then don't worry, and take your time.

What Guys Said 2

• I had a similar problem with my girlfriend. What had me confuse for a year was the fact that 3 months after we met I started to get hot with her and since then every time she get aroused by me things seems to be good at the beginning just to end up in a disaster. She should have been honest to her self from the beginning, now I just avoid that part of the relation as much as I could. If I would have known she wasn´t ready for it I won´t even mention the subject.

• You're not being too careful if you wanna take it slow, getting hot and heavy with him probably isn't a good idea if it isn't going anywhere. I've backed off in similar circumstances, obviously a passionate kiss is enjoyable but you've got to make the conscious effort to stop there, otherwise it's just self torture. You've got to wait until she's comfortable and gives you the green light... if you've taken it slow, been respectful and earned it- it's like Christmas when she does!

• I feel at fault then for going along with the heavy making out :-/ I suppose for me it's just different, even though Id say I'm definitekt sexual. Just don't have a hard time waiting I suppose. I really wanted to wait until it felt totally right but now I think I'd be putting him off

• That's his problem, I really wouldn't wanna do it with a girl who was just putting out to keep me interested- that would be horrible!!! Maybe some dudes just wanna get their leg over but if that's all they want you for it's a bit pointless isn't it? I'd urge you to go at your own pace, I really would, if he can't handle that then you can find someone who will- they're a better long term prospect.

What Girls Said 2

• I waited three weeks before I slept with my bf I was just crazy about him that I couldn't wait any longer. With ex's I waited a month or longer but it felt right with him so I went with it , so just do what feels right for you there is no set time.

• You are ready when you feel ready.. There is no timeline thats "best". Rushing or not rushing isn't about number of days.. Its about when you feel the time is right.

• This is a good point. Thank you!