For girls, would you sleep with other guys during a break?

My girlfriend (of 3 years) and I are taking a break for the semester because she's really busy with school, sorority, extracurriculars etc. We're on good terms, she just said a serious relationship has a lot of obligations she doesn't have time for right now, but she still loves me and we'll get back together after it's over. When I brought up seeing other people, she said she wouldn't because she doesn't have room for anyone else and isn't considering it at all. Then, when I asked about hooking up with people at parties, she said that she doesn't *intend* to and every time a guy hits on her she just thinks "your nothing compared to my boyfriend" and laughs it off. BUT she didn't actually say she wouldn't do it like with dating, just that she doesn't intend to. Maybe I'm looking too far into it though. We still talk everyday and see each other from time to time, but I'm not waiting for her to play party girl for a semester then come back to me, if hooking up with people is an option for her.

Most Helpful Girl

• it's an option. .. she didn't rule it out in case it was something that does happen. . that way in her mind she didn't exactly tell you no it wasn't going to happen it just wasn't the intention. .. when taking a break you need to set guidelines and rules. .

• That's depressing. I don't even have a girlfriend and this topic is making me sad. :(

• No I'm not complaining about your honesty, just it makes me sad that she might have deliberately worded it like that so she could fool around.

• @tyber1 I get what your saying.. this is why I don't do breaks it's break ups. .

What Girls Said 3

• ehh it depends. if i'm in her position, meaning the whole reason you aren't together is because i can't focus on you, then absolutely not. if it's your position then maybe. but i wouldn't hook up, it would have to be with someone i've been cool with for a while.

• Well I mean, I wouldn't. But then again, I don't do breaks. I do break ups.

• I would definitely NOT sleep with another guy over break if I was dating. I feel like I'd be like your gf where I would get really busy with school and such. However, I would be VERY loyal to my bf, and hope he would do the same. If you feel your relationship is strong (and 3 years seems to be a good length of time), then i wouldn't worry.

What Guys Said 2

• Breaks are for zungguzungguguzungguzenging or nothing at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EtSPUAFkeg

• That would make me really sad if someone I was in a relationship with did that while we were on a break, I don't think I would be able to get back with her because it would feel like she cheated.

• I feel you anon, you should probably talk to her and tell her that you don't like how vaguely she worded it and that it'd really hurt your feelings if she hooked up with someone.