When considering age, how big is too big of an age gap?

I wanted to see what all of you thought about age gaps between two people. I know some of you will most likely say "age is just a number, it doesn't mean anything" but I still want to know.

So how big of an age gap do you think is too big?
What's the oldest/youngest you'd go for?

Thanks in advance!

Most Helpful Girl

• Hypothetically if I was single and looking to date, I personally wouldn't want to date younger than me. I'd probably consider up to 5 years older. What every person is comfortable with is different. I just know it makes my skin crawl to see a young 20-something-year-old with a 50- or 60-something-year-old.

• I feel the same way about if they're old enough to be your parent, it starts getting a bit disturbing/creepy.

What Guys Said 10

• I would consider any age gap between 8 years to 1 day younger than me, but I'm not really comfortable dating women older than myself unless the chemistry and compatibility are really strong.

• 30 years is too much.

• I was age 35 at the time i date a 18 year old
    i been talking to this girl whose age 25 and I'm 47
    but no we are not official she's long distance but
    there is some insecure issues going on so we are
    friends for the time being...

• I know what you mean. I was the same way with this one guy who's 32. It's a very interesting experience.

• Well, I definitely agree that you should be a legal adult before you start dating like one. However, I also find it somewhat disturbing for someone to date a person who is or very near their parents' age.

• @lePoivre Yeah... my thoughts exactly. If they're old enough to be your parent, something just isn't right.

• The older I get, the higher the maximum age would rise. After all, why would there be a difference if I was 50 and my woman was 70 or 80?

• I'd say 7 years in each direction. Obviously I wouldn't date someone who's 15 at 22 but for later on.

• My age gap preferences are 16-19.

• Im 33 and am at the moment seeing a 20 year old. That is the youngest I have ever been with by far. Oldest would probably be about 40. Normally I try to stick between 25-38 or so. This girl is just awesome and special :)

• I'd say 12 years is a reasonable gap, more than that is a bit creepy.

• For me personally I think 7 years younger is the max youngest I'd date... and 1 year older max.

• I've dated upto 12 years difference.

if theyre like 20 and over... its ok in my opinion

What Girls Said 8

• Well I'm 17...

And I'll date a guy that's one year younger than me so 16 and two years older so 19. If the guy is really special I just might make am exception with 20 but no more than a 3 year dofference.

• I would say anything more than ten years, but then I would be a hypocrite because I was somewhat with a guy who was 14 years older than me. If I had known that at the beginning of our somewhat relationship though, I'm not sure I would have continued being with him.

• So you're saying you're still with this guy that's 14 years older than you? Wow. I keep asking myself how you wouldn't know he's that much older than you. It just seems strange that would'nt know.

• Oooh. Gotcha. I understand. Some people do tend to look younger than they actually are. I have a friend I went to school with that's actually with someone 12 years older than her. I think it's 12, not completely sure. But the guy doesn't even look like he's in his 30's and he doesn't act much like it either. I never would've known if another friend hadn't told me. I get where you're coming from though.

• Yeah the behavioral part is another thing that can easily throw you off. The guy I was sort of with acted less maturely than I would have expected a 30+ year old to act, which actually lead me to wonder if he was younger than me at first.

• I'll be 20 in 2 days. As a 20 year old, I'd only go for a 20 year old and 21 year old. I'd consider a 22 year old if they just turned 22, and I'd consider a 19 year old if he's turning 20 soon. Sorry, I'm really picky about age.

• I'm 19 and wouldn't date anyone younger, or the same age. I usually date two years older. The oldest I would go for is probably 28.

• I do not have a set limit. I am dating a man now who is 53. I prefer my men much older.

• I wouldn't go for someone younger. It would just feel weird. The oldest would be 10 years max.

• I think in your teens, 2 years is the very most, sometimes even that is stretching it; but once you're an adult, I think 10 years is the cap, either direction and either gender. I personally wouldn't date someone 10 years older or younger, but I think it's perfectly acceptable.

• I'm 34 and my boyfriend is 44. I wouldn't go any higher than that though.