Why is it that women who get hurt by men are considered victims, while men who get hurt by women are just considered losers?

Despite women saying they want equality, they still seem to get a pass on the personal responsibility front. When women get screwed over by a guy, it's always the guy's fault. When men get screwed over by a girl, it's his fault for being a [loser/dupe/pollyana].

Mind you, I don't like to see anyone get hurt, but I disagree with the popular notion that women are almost never responsible for their own issues with men, while men are almost always responsible for our issues with women.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why is it that women who get hurt by men are considered victims, while men who get hurt by women are just considered losers?
    Vastly different experiences as I find when a gal is hurt by a guy she's not considered a victim but a gal who overlooked nice guys for a jerk. However when a guy is hurt by a gal it's because all/most gals are X (completely overlooking his choice to approach her/be with her).

"Despite women saying they want equality, they still seem to get a pass on the personal responsibility front."
    Again different experiences as in my view I find gals are not only responsible for their actions but other's actions as well. If a guy sexually harasses/assaults a gal it's her fault for wearing something 'provocative'. If a guy cheats on a gal it's her fault for not putting out enough/doing this or that sexually, etc.

" I disagree with the popular notion that women are almost never responsible for their own issues with men, while men are almost always responsible for our issues with women."
    I disagree this is a popular notion as the seeming common nice trope shows holding gals responsible for their issues with guys. A trope which also seemingly doesn't hold guys responsible for their issues with gals because if he's rejected it's because gals don't like nice guys not because of any negatives like his looks, personality, mindset, habits. Yet no such similar trope appears to exist for gals which they can use whenever a guy laments his issues

What Girls Said 3

• Pain is not gender specific. I feel everyone should be responsible for their actions.

• I've never judged a situation by gender.

• To be fair, usually its other men saying that guys are losers if they're emotional. Society has painted men to have to fit into an image of 100% masculinity, just like it painted women to fit into 100% femininity, despite the fact that most people do not fit into that category.

Also you need to consider rape- female victims are almost always given the responsibility despite it not being their fault at all (people say things like "what was she wearing" "what did she do to provoke him" "how drunk was she") That is a very prevalent example of women being blamed and not being absolved of the responsibility.

What Guys Said 3

• Good question. No idea.

Just more arbitrary rules by modern technological society.

• Well it's because women are looked at as the weaker out of the two. We feel they need to be nurtured and taken care of. Biologically they are weaker obviously and at the end of the day, if we look at us as a race and species, women are child bearing while men are not. In the more is the most simplistic form, women are simply meant to bear a child to continue the human race

so but putting all that in perspective and add in the fact women play it off as they need security from men, you get a behaviour that's blames men more

It's like a child vs and adult, we generally blame the adult vs the child

• Read up on hyperagency and hypoagency.

Then before you rant about it, consider how both have plusses and minuses.

Then think about how and to what extent they should be reduced. Then come rant.

• If we're going to be bitchy and talk down, I can certainly give you a little bit of psychoanalytical information about why you feel the need to post passive-aggressively on Anon.

• Actually didn't mean to talk down. Went anon because of people who disagree violently (which I don't expect QA to - I expect him to lap it up).

The rant stuff is just... he should let it absorb. Really.