How long before you make it exclusive?

Let's say you are interested in someone who is equally interested in you, you begin "talking", how long before you actually start dating exclusively?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is really dependent on the two people involved. For me, I only date one person at a time. after my divorce I thought I would try just "dating" and not doing the exclusive thing right away. I was a wreck. I felt really guilty and just couldn't be comfortable with either. I always felt awkward like I was cheating. So once I go on a second date with someone, I stop chatting with anyone else and I will not go out with any other woman.
    Others, like a cousin of mine can date multiple people at once and has a different person every week. so if your that kind of person you really have to have a talk and decide not to see other people.

What Guys Said 5

• When you two feel that its right. With my girlfriend we two just went through all the stages (from friends to best friends to boyfriend and girlfriend) without really talking about it or anyone asking anyone out or anything, it just happened and we were both glad it did. We just clicked that much on a whole new level that we both understood and went through it together <3 I have no doubt it is the best thing that happened in my life

I guess really when you feel its right, go for it. You'll know :)

• I would say about 3 months is a safe bet. Hanging out at least 5-8 times per month.. Otherwise you may be setting yourself up for an unwanted relationship and an unnecessary break up.

• When you feel you know the person and what theyre about.

• As soon as possible. How else are you
    going to find out whether or not it's
    going to work out well or not except
    by actually going out?

• After third base. Seriously though, that is the perfect time.

What Girls Said 4

• Once you guys start hanging out about 3 times a week I'd make it exclusive. My current boyfriend waited about 4 months before he made it official. And I thought he didn't like me very much so I kinda broke up with him at one point during that 4 months. 4 months is too long to wait, I would say 1 or 2 months.

• Between 3 and 4 months. I've been asked as early between 1 and 2 months and at that point wasn't feeling exclusivity.

• Assuming that you go out once a week or so, a couple of months. Earlier if both of you see fit.

It may not be an issue but I also suggest not having sex together before deciding to be exclusive.

• What do you mean by exclusive? I think it should already be exclusive at the start of the realationship. Are you asking how long before you get into a serious relationship when your going on dates with that person? If so then a couple months would be my opinon.