A guy who claims he's not a big texter and doesn't call; does this just mean he's just not that in to me? He doesn't do social media either... Help?

Just started seeing this new guy who is 10years older. I am 31 and have a hard time reading in to everything. Just curious, but he is not a big texter and he isn't really in to calling either. When we do hangout he is VERY affectionate, and doesn't want me to leave. Am I just reading in to this too much? I mean, if a guy was interested you would think he would want to reach out to you more to get to know you. We've been on 3 dates so far... help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he's just not a fan of all the texting/social media/stay on the phone person. I'm not a big phone talker either. As far as the social media, is it really necessary? That stuff isn't really vital to getting to know someone.

• Then how exactly do you really know if they are interested if they aren't communicating with you?

• Just giving the benefit of the doubt. I don't want to say he's hiding anything. We as humans have made it this far, without texting, cell phones, social media, or in other words, constant contact. Maybe he values communicating in person over everything else?

• (When we do hangout he is VERY affectionate, and doesn't want me to leave.)
      This is where I think you are reading in to it to deep. He values face time. And as most people there is disconnection in text and even in phone calls because you can't see the body language!
      And that is the key!! If his body language seas (Yes!! I like you, I want you whatever.) then I would not worry!!!)
      If his body language is like his texting then you may have a problem!!

What Guys Said 3

• That is actually a good sign. IN this era where people prefer to do most of the things online, he seems to prefer doing it in person! Kudos to the guy!

• Stop thinking. It's detrimental to your mental health.

• Yes your reading in to this too much.. Not all but quite a few guys our age and especially older. Don't like texting. He likes you!! Don't fret over it..
    Also!! A guy of that age knows work is much more important than playing in the phone. And even when he isn't at work, I'm sure has responsibilities that he attends to. Older guys, especially good, hard working loyal grounded men.. Usually don't text or call other than simple necessities. And he Would probably prefer to talk in person.

• Thank you :)

• MrMe1 4 Xper Age: 32
      NowReport
      (When we do hangout he is VERY affectionate, and doesn't want me to leave.)

What Girls Said 3

• You are reading too much into it. Some people just aren't that big into talking over the phone (my bf included) it's frustrating but you will eventually get used to it.

• I'm awful with texting. So coming from me, you're reading too much into it.
    Always keep your guard up, but I feel like the ay he is with you in person is what should speak loudest.
    Let him know you might want to talk to him a little more over the phone, and he'll most likely try and make you happy and in turn do something about it. :)

• Some people are more expressive in person than they are in text or by phone. I can tell you now I like that face to face contact more but texting isn't bad, I guess he's just use to texting...