Is my friend in an abusive relationship?

I am a 15 year old guy and I have a strong platonic friendship with a Girl who is in my grade. We have been friends for over a year and over that time I have learned more about her boyfriend. He goes to another school and they have known each other for a long time. He is also a year or two older than her. He lately has been drinking alcohol and smoking Marijuania. He is nice to her but she knows that he is a piece of s***. She wants to break up with him because for a while he influenced her to do drugs with him. She has since been clean but does not want to break up with him because he has threatens that if she did, he would smash his head on concrete or cut himself. I feel that she should leave as those are his choices and they're not in her control. I have not expressed this to her yet as I feel she may become upset with me. I know she does have many people close to her (besides me) and I feel this is why she may be with him despite his enormous flaws. Is this considered an abusive relationship? How can I, as her friend help her? Also, how should thsi situation be addessed? Sorry for the length, I'm new to this site and I'm not very good at simplifying stories.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• To an extent yes. I feel she should talk to someone about this situation. More for the kid than for herself.