Will seeing me vulnerable jeopardize our relationship?

I found out some bad news today. I'm really upset about it... My dad passed away this morning. I've been crying for over five hours and throwing up all day (I throw up when I get upset and it's really embarrassing).

My boyfriend wants to come over and keep me company but I don't want him to see me in this state. I'm a mess with all the crying and vomiting and my face is all red. I live alone so he says he's worried about me. I could really use some company and someone to hold me but we've only been together three months and I don't want this to ruin his attraction to me.

Guys: your thoughts? Would seeing your girlfriend in hysterics crying and being sick to her stomach be a complete deal breaker?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are grieving. There are no rules for grieving. I'd want to be there for my girl going through this. But your relationship may not be mature enough to sustain this stress. Tell him you're not ready to have him there just yet.
    Being alone in this just sucks. Call a family member or friend from time to time. Listen to some music.
    I am so sorry for your loss.

What Guys Said 2

• Condolences, My dad died in May, and I just wanted to be alone for the first couple of days... there is no right or wrong way to grieve, do what makes you comfortable, if he is decent he will understand..
    It is a good sign he wants to be there for you, never forget that ,
    And again sorry about your father, it's tough but each day you learn to cope with his loss slightly better.

• Let him come over. Honestly, having the right person there when you need them - that's what good relatioships are.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

What Girls Said 1

• Wow, I'm very sorry for your loss :( Your dad just passed away, you're allowed to be upset honey and any normal human being should understand that. You're grieving and everyone grieves differently, that's okay. It will not jeapardize your relationship, your boyfriend just wants to be there for you which is good. If he truly cares for you, what you look like during this time will not matter, he should just want to comfort you.