How to tell if a guy is likes you?

I'm new to dating (9 years in a LTR/Marriage) how do you tell if a guy likes you vs. him just wanting to play?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not always true that they'll tell you.

The only way to tell is congruence. What they say and what they do, are in sync on a high rate... that high rate differs between person to person but I would personally say they're 90 to 95% congruent. Think of your friends, when they make plans with you, when they tell you something, when they request something, and/or when they promise something... and I would say the same level of accountability you hold them to would be the same way you could discern if a guy likes you - as he would be doing this at an EARLY stage of interaction.

Additionally, pay attention to body language, not the cliche stuff, but things like actively involved in conversation with you, with a clear sense of excitement/happiness to be in said conversation, tries to be positive/humorous, and/or trying to be actively confident/impress you.

What Guys Said 3

• Usually he ll tell you.

• Guys show interest by wanting to include you in the stuff that they find interesting. If it's all about you then as a general rule he's not interested in anything long term. That's an oversimplification perhaps, but it's a place to start.

• The biggest thing I do when I like a girl, is try to make her smile and laugh, it feels good when the girl you like is smiling back at you and laughing.

What Girls Said 1

• I normally do the dump test.
    When everything is going amazingly well I will suddenly come out with "I can't do this anymore"
    His reaction to this tells you all you need to know.
    Most of my boyfriends bailed at this point and only two asked me what's up!