Guys: How many of you would not pursue a girl you really liked if you didn't have a job?

If you were friends and you knew she liked you and you liked her, and you knew she would be understanding, would you not ask her out?

• yes, I would still ask her out
  • No, I would wait until I was in a better place financially

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't pursue many girls for this reason. Not having a steady income messes up a lot of things.

What Guys Said 3

• If I knew all that, probably, but I have actually been in a situation where I purposely did not let myself get close enough to know those answers because I wasn't working. I felt sooner or later not having money would cause problems so it was just easier to not do anything.

• I tried doing that when i was a student, but it ended up in a disaster because although we dated, she cheated on me with someone who had more money than me (because he had a job).

I do have a reasonably ok job now, but I still don't feel that I'm financially settled yet. So I won't ask any girl out until I personally feel that I'm financially sound.

• I'm the kind of guy who has put off dating for the time being because I am jobless atm and can't enjoy doing things if I was dating a girl. Thank goodness I'm starting my new job soon and I can't begin to date again.

What Girls Said 1

• wow! really interesting question! I never think of stuff like this. that a guy would worry about it. although, to be honest, I would feel awkward dating a guy if I were jobless. making him always have to pay for everything would make me feel bad.