I dont want to break my best friends heart... please help?

My bestfriend is eager to know who I am dating. I don't want to tell her because I'm dating the guy she likes. I found out she liked him a day after we started dating. She wants me to tell her tomorrow but I have no idea what to say! I really think if I told her she would be upset. And tomorrow is her birthday party. I just don't want her to be mad or upset. She really likes him but I love him. We have dated off and on for 2 years now. Please help me? What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all how ironic bc my friends bday party is also tomorrow. Secondly, just do this. Tell her beforehand not to get mad. Maybe tell her after her bday? Tell her that you really just want the day to be about her, not yourself. And if that doesn't work then I guess just tell her. If she is really a good friend she'll understand. Tell her how worried you were about how she'll react. In fact, maybe read her the question you posted just to prove how important she is to you and how much you don't want to hurt her. Anyways good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Just wait until after her party then tell her.
    She probably has a hunch it could be him.

• You've dated on and off for two years, she will definitely be disappointed and hurt but at the same time I doubt she will be surprised you got back together.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell her now! The longer you wait the worse it will be