How to keep intentions clear without the word date?

Hi everyone,

So recently the girl I loved since January '14 friendzoned me again. For the third time in a year.

So, I've decided to give up on her and look for new people in my life.

That being said, what is the best way to avoid the friend zone with a new person, but still give things time to develop naturally?

I'm not really looking to rush into a relationship these days, but I'm still interested in dating new people. My approach lately has just been to go to new places with new people, be myself, flirt with people I find interesting, and then ask them out if I really like them. But I do not use the word "date".

Personally I feel like the word "date" is a tad heavy for someone I've just met, but I was wondering if asking a girl out to drinks or an activity like that is too vague. I flirt the whole way through, so I try to let my actions do the talking, but I want to avoid another serial friendzone situation. Any advice on how I could keep my intentions clear?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly I'd just say walk up to her and ask her if she'd like to hang out sometime and then figure out what to do from there (Go see a movie (Go out to lunch and chat)

What Guys Said 1

• Ask if she likes food. Chances are, she does. So ask her if she'd like to go get some food with you. B-)