If a girl has a boyfriend?

If a girl has a boyfriend, can I make a move? We've been talking, and I like her a lot, but I know she has a boyfriend. Is it up to her to make a move? Thanks in advance!

• Her move.
  • asker's move
  • move on, brother!
    Vote C
To clarify: I am not talking about cheating with said girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• A question easily answered by putting yourself in her boyfriend's position ;)

• Not really.

• Yes really. Quit thinking using your temptation. Because what happens is you give in to temptation and make the decision to be a tool like you're considering being now. After that, you try to rationalize it to yourself as just "following your heart" or some other romantic bullshit like that. So at the end, you act like a shit head but you don't feel wrong about it.

Just don't be a shit head and you'll save yourself a lot of drama and damaged reputation.

• That actually makes sense. Thanks you.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 11

• You should move on and find someone who is single.

• That's how I'm feeling, but I feel something for this girl. Its a rare thing for me.

• Move on. She's off the market if she's got a boyfriend. You don't steal another man's girl.

• You step away dude.

• She's not single and therefore not open to guys making moves on her. I'm sure if a guy was questioning making moves on your girlfriend, you'd be a little bit upset.

• Exactly! But in the same respect, I'd want my girlfriend to be happy. I've been with girls where we just weren't right for each other. We parted ways peacefully.

• I agree but I'd say it's her call in this situation. If she's really not happy with her bf she should be the one to break up with him. Until then, you should assume she's happy in her relationship and not go after her as long as she has a boyfriend.

• You can look but you can't touch bro

• Dont make a move on her.
    there's so many single girls just waiting for you!

• Dude, come on. She has a boyfriend. Just move on.

• have some dignity/decency and move on.

• If she's taken she's off limits

• Move on. She's taken; don't stir up drama.

• Dating isn't quite the same as "taken", though. People break up and move on.

• Well, for now, she's taken. Respect that. If they break up later go ahead, but otherwise, you'll only create trouble.

• Don't be a dick. I know they say all is fair in love and war, but at the end of the day if she can do it to him she can do it to her next man (which you're hoping is you)

• But people date to find someone good for them. Maybe we'd be a better match?

• So basically, its up to her to make a move? If I do or say anything, I'm a dick?

• You're a dick to all men lol, maybe not to her... But you could make her very uncomfortable with the friendship. It's definitely up to her, don't say anything, but you can just act right and make her want it

What Guys Said 9

• Personally, id say that its not worth the hassle it will undoubtedly cause.

There are plenty of girls out there not in relationships, there's no reason you can't find one of them.

• I have had problems because of talking to a girl who had a boyfriend. We never even kissed but he got pissed and wanted to fight me lol move on it will only bring problems to you and dont expect that girl to break up with her bf over you. She is HIS girlfriend for a reason and not yours.

• Good point. Guys don't fight me though. Or at least its never happened yet.

• The other girls bf was my first real fight ever... I have to say I enjoyed it but that is another thing hahah if you dont want problems avoid flirting with that girl until she breaks up with her bf, remember this, she will always (most likely) choose the relationship she already has because it feels safer

• better leave her brother...

• I don't think cheating is ever okay. I think if you're in a relationship and want to be with someone else you HAVE to leave your current partner first. Maybe tell her you like her, and if she says she's happy and loves her bf then move on. Because I agree that you could be more right for her than her current bf is, and i guess you have to take the chance to at least let your feelings be known.

• Yes, I'm not talking about cheating. Thanks for your opinion!

• That's true. When a girl left me for someone else, it was obvious we weren't going to work out. It was an easy breakup, and I was happy for her. I need to consider other scenarios better. Sorry.

• Lol it's okay. But yeah i'd say it's up to you whether or not to make a move. Because if she loves and wants to be with her bf then she will simply say so. But if she shows interest in you it proves how she feels about her bf and i would consider it a good thing if she leaves him. And i mean good for his sake not hers.

• Do the right thing, brother, move on

• Do you think she likes you? You say you're talking. Are you sure she isn't just looking at you as a friend or someone to talk to when bored? Whether you want to make a move is your choice.

• OK , let's imagine that she cheats on her boyfriend and gets with you, what good is that going to bring? She'll eventually do the same to you, so why even bother if you're looking for something long-term?

Move on.

• Ask yourself one thing- what would you do to a guy who made a move on your girlfriend?

• If you do make a move I hope the boyfriend knocks you clean out.