Why do we even get married?

Like, what's the point of it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just another stupid human ritual. We're always going to be attracted to someone else, we all want to believe we're going to be in love with someone forever, but the magic eventually fades... the couples who are together forever and afraid to leave each other always end up miserable with one another at some point.

What Girls Said 3

• There are tax and other financial benefits to it, especially for people in the military.

• I get your point - I'm married and sometimes when I get annoyed with my hubby I wonder the same. I think when I got married it was about having the dream of a life companion and a happy little family. The thing is, it is tough sometimes keeping it together - but you make the effort to because you have children and joint assets. It is funny when you think about it, single people are often wanting the married life, and often the married want to have a single life again...

• Get that MFJ tax status.

What Guys Said 2

• Its to seal your bond with your significant other, that you can trust your life and know you'll be happy with them for a lifetime :3

It does seem like nowadays that this is considered traditional and couples just simply moving in with one another is a lot easier then handling all the paperwork, wedding preparations, e. t. c.

• Because legal documents = true love