Why does he still want to be friends with me? If he has a girlfriend?

This guy I met we clicked but he has a girlfriend. He told me that he isn't going to break up with his girl but he also wants me as a friend and said it'll hurt him if I took away my friendship. What should I do? I feel like if I continue to act like whatever and BS with him I won't ever stop liking him. He says he wishes I'll still talk to him but will have to deal with it if I dont. Any advice? Not sure what to do from here. ..

Most Helpful Guy

• He is keeping you around in case he and his girlfriend break up. Don't make someone a priority when your just an option.

What Guys Said 2

• It's always nice to have a plan B. I think you're worth more than that. Forget about him.

• Cause he don't wanna make you go away from him

What Girls Said 2

• He's keeping his options open in a way... Depends how long you guys have known each other/deep the friendship is if you want to continue talking to him. He likes you but doesn't want to give up his sure thing for something unknown... at least not yet ;)

• Thanks girl. .. I told him how I wanted to be more than friends this evening so we'll see what he write s back with tomorrow morning. Hopefully he doesn't if it's still mundane answers

• No problem, I hope it works out! Let us know what he says!

• Will do!

• Oooo sounds like somebody likes you! Think about about.. If you where him and was doing what he is doing... why do you think so? I believe he wants to get to know you.. if thats not the case maybe he just wants to just be a friend and he has nobody to talk too... maybe his girlfriend isn't fun like you? Eh.. I tried what I think is happing haha...

• Thanks girlie. . I emailed him and said "goodbye" pretty much lol I'm move on and not try and figure him out