I friend zoned the wrong guy?

So I've been friends with this guy for about two years now. We've been on trips, hang out on holidays sometimes, and I'm best friends with some of his family members. We talk almost daily. The other night he drunk called me and told me a bunch of mushy stuff, but took it back in the morning. He said he was in love with our friendship, I asked was he sure he's not in love with me and he said he didn't know.

Im thinking I want to pursue him. He's really a nice/great guy, smart too. He's always there when I need him to just be a friend. We know each others secrets too.

How do I go about this?

What Guys Said 1

• Try asking him out on an actual date. Try an evening of romance.

Oh, haven't you heard? The friend zone doesn't exist.

• Me ask him out? he'll so laugh at me and call me a loser. lol

• Well, if he did that, then you have your answer. Otherwise, if he likes you and is a mature person, he'll say yes or no.

What Girls Said 1

• Talk to him and tell him after he drunk called you, you evaluated your feelings for him and you think that there is something more to be had out of your guy's relationship.