My boyfriend has a daughter?

My boyfriend has an 18 month old baby girl. And people always tell me to stay away if he has kids. Why? Im not taking care of her, he is a good papa. And she is a beautiful girl. Why is it so bad to date a man with a kid? He is not messing around with her mother, in fact he fucking hates her. And if we do get married, i dont mind being a stepmom to her. what is do bad about a man with kids?

And he shares her, she doesn't live with him.

Funny thing is, he and the babymama hate each other so much that they can't stand to see each other or talk on the phone. Her friend drops the baby off cuz they hate each other so much. This is good to me. I know he isn't messing around with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing at all wrong with it. In my opinion, it takes a very special person to date someone with a child from a previous partner and (if you were to marry), treat the child as your own. The child is completely innocent in this situation.

Those people telling you to "stay away" are just silly. The only possible reason I can think of, is if maybe they think the guy will always have a thing for the mother but, as you said, that's clearly not an issue in this situation.

What Guys Said 7

• The people telling you to stay away from him are telling you that because he has a "track record" of leaving the girl he is with, aka the baby's mom, and they don't want you to get treated in the same way. There is, under normal circumstances, absolutely nothing wrong with dating somebody who already has children. I think it's wonderful you wouldn't mind being the baby's stepmom! However, you have to be careful in dating people like this because, as I said, they are already dealing with an x and have gone their selerate ways. Use your realistic judgment, not your infatuated and needing love judgement, and if you see clearly that he is a great guy who wouldn't leave you or hurt you or let his past life get in the way of your relationship, then go for it and try to convince your family of how good a guy he is, and eventually, they should see it too. Good luck!

• Thanks sweetie <3 yeah and she hits him. She cracked his head open. Im gonna make sure that shit never happens to him or anyone again!

• She took him to court and yes tried the restraining order and he broke his back and couldnt walk for months and couldnt take care of her so her mama took him to court and tried to sue him. She broke up with him because he broke his back

• That's horrible! Obviously she was only in it for what she could get out of it! Something needs to be done, alright, but I don't know what. Be careful or you might end up severely injured yourself, and as I said you don't want that.

• If he seems like a sensible guy who won't cheat and as you say, has 0 interest in the mother then there really isn't a problem. If what you say is true then he is a responsible man and quite frankly, perfect for a relationship

• Here's the thing. You will always be powerless when it comes to decisions he makes regarding his daughter. He'll be forever negotiating with the babymama and you'll have to live with the decision.

For example: He'll be dropping $10K per semester when she goes to college in 16 years.

Sure, it could work out fine. But don't go in blindly.

• Hell yeah i know. And i got good intuition and i know what a real man is. And he is a real man. But if there is one sign that i should stay away, bam its over.

• The kid wouldn't be a problem. The girl wouldn't be one either.
    The kids mom and granny might be major PINTAs

• He should actually stay away from you

He has a baby girl and your what to him? Just a gf? You also posted how you want to cheat on him when he goes on vacation

• Mmhmm i said we were having issues and i was in a little hole and it was a thought for a day! Im not gonna cheat on him

• I think its not wrong to have relationship with someone who have daughter..

• I wouldn't date a woman with a kid or kids because that's too much baggage for me. I want a woman with as little baggage as possible.

What Girls Said 0