How much do you expect your boyfriend to spend on you for Valentines Day?

how much would you want your boyfriend to spend on you for Valentine's Day I don't have a ton of money but I don't want to be a cheapskate

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there should be a specific amount a guy should have to spend... I think whatever you do of it shows you put thought it will mean much more than something that is costly. Also girls should be understanding if u guys are students or you don't have a job, or free money to spend she should be understanding of that.

What Girls Said 10

• Well I'd like something simple like a dinner that he cooked or watch a corny movie at his house and just have a night in (because everyone wants to go out to dinner or the movies too much dramatics) . Maybe a drive in movie because it's less expensive and we could take in our own food. If he wanted to buy me like flowers or a small teddy bear I'd obviously appreciate it but it's not like required or expected. The simple non expensive things can be cute too.

• Absolutely nothing. I don't care how much he spends and I don't expect him to spend anything.
    A gift is nothing to be expected or demanded. It's something one chooses to give and I'd be happy with anything and if he gave me nothing I would not feel offended. I'd just want to be close to him for Valentine's. =)

But I did get something and I was kind of worried he spent too much though. I really feel like the marketing industry is making ass out of each and every one of us by applying this pressure to buy, buy, buy! -_-

• I expect nothing since I'm in a long distance relationship however I think that there should be a specific amount , who cares? I'm happy with just about anything but that's just me. Not all girls would say the same thing so take everyone's different opinions into consideration but really focus on what you think would make a girl happy , especially of you have a gf ! Good luck !

• Well i woud like a guy to take me out somewhere to eat and flowers would be nice. Or even something cheeky to wear that night... So not too much, like max £40? I don't know

• I'm not expecting anything from him

• Nothing , I don't care about that day.

What Guys Said 3

• why not everyone pay their own?

• $7 billion or GTFO

• I heard on the radio the average guy spends 107 dollars on Valentine's day and women spend 70 dollars on Valentine's day. I was surprised women even have that much but it's no surprise guys spend more

• It's a woman's holiday basically

• We haven't been together long. I'm thinking some chocolates and going out to dinner