How much of an age gap is acceptable?

I am 18 years old and I met this guy who is 24. We went out a few times and for whatever reason my age just never came up as a topic. I'm out of high school, have a full time job and don't live with my parents anymore. We both have been enjoying seeing each other and it's been awesome! We were talking and me being 18 was mentioned and he kind of freaked out. He wasn't mad at me or anything but he told me he isn't sure that we should see each other anymore. He said that the age difference is weird. I personaly don't see that big deal... is 6 years really that much?

I should probably add that he said this about 2 weeks ago and we are still seeing eahother but he still brings up that the age difference feeling weird to him.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see that big deal either. You aren't a minor anymore and you get along well. Why would it be a problem? I think he's overthinking.

What Guys Said 2

• Its was just his polite way of saying. I don't like you in that way anymore. 6 years is not that much of a big deal.

• 18 to 24 is not that bad. You're an adult and he's an adult, if you like each other then don't let an age gap stop you.

What Girls Said 2

• 6 years isn't that much but it might not be the age difference that freaked him out. It could always be the idea that he still thinks you're finding yourself and wants you to be able to do it when you're not in a relationship

• 6 years is not a big age gap... this is probably just a silly excuse he came up with to dump you.