What's wrong with men?

Sooooo I got back with my baby daddy not too long ago, and I can see that he hasn't changed one bit... Yeah his sin is the center of his world but so is alcohol... He always makes an excuse like he worked 9 hrs today I'm gunna have ONE drink but when he drinks and he hasn't atten all day he gets worse and gets a buzz off one then he'll want more and more. And when he gets drunk and haven't atten all day he'll get a bad attitude when he's drunk! I can't take this anymore something's telling me to leave and be done with permanently and some things holding me back... He was once doing find without alcohol for about a year and a half and now he's back on it... It's heart breaking! I want our family but at the same time I don't want his alcohol I tried talking to him about it but it always turns out into an argument

What's wrong with this man?
I'm not trying to offend any guys out there!!! I'm just saying from the guys I get experience from suck!!! If that even came out right

Most Helpful Guy

• Give him one last chance. Kick him out and tell him to come back when he is completely sober and doesn't drink anymore. You can't handle this. Its ruining your family. Maybe kicking his ass out will give him a kick in the ass to do the right thing. Otherwise he is lost and you obviously love him because you are concerned. Staying together and raising the family with an alcoholic is no fun.

What Guys Said 11

• Might wana update that to "Whats wrong with THIS man" lol, you are gonna be getting a lot of generalization comments.
    Have you tried distancing yourself from him when he starts drinking? how about offering him food to soak some of that up?

• He won't eat before or after he drinks... So that's not an option... He won't even drink water before he goes to bed and his hang over is rank... He pukes all over the place and never listens to me when I try to take care of him & ur right I should upgrade my question lol!

• I don't think you want that kind of behavior around your child. You may end up having to choose between them both. you should bring that to his attention.

• this is just an unhappy guy who keeps getting drunk and messing up...
    Just be careful because a drunk angry man can be very dangerous, for you and your son

• Im not trying to defend him but I will say he's not harmful he never once hits me... Just the way he acts when he's drunk is different from the way I know him... If that makes sense

• well thats good that he is not harmful when intoxicated
      Have you let him know? have you told him that you worry about him?
      Try to make sure he eats before his first beer if you can... that should help, i can't drink more than 1 beer on a full stomach...

• Well sometimes I give him a pas that he's aloud to drink just as long as we eat super first! And I have to have proof that he eats quite a bit before he drinks...

• I would ask the question, "What's wrong with the person who gets back together with him?"

• Because... When he's not drunk he's a complete different person and he loves his son

• Honestly, it looks like this relationship is starting to get pretty toxic. Either you find a way to work it out or you leave him.

• Oh believe me... We've tried to talk things out & work it out... He just doesn't understand my pain... No offense I don't know if this happens with ALL guys but guys don't seen to ever understand a woman's pain... Not to mention our son... He's gunna wind up teaching our son that its ok to be an alcoholic and that I'm gunna fail as a mother

• His not being understanding or sympathetic of the pain you're going through is a good reason to break it off in my opinion.

• i m a men who never cheated, never mislead a girl, who takes care of himself who wants to have a baby and stay with the family while providing for them being a good father and lover.

your man not all men.

• Sorry... Didn't mean to make it offensive I'm just mad & can't think of a good question for the description lol

• i m use to being treated like every guy that messed them up...

i end up not giving a chance... this just makes everyone super high maintenece having all this baggage

• This question isn't really about men, it's about alcoholics. What's wrong with him? It sounds like he is an alcoholic. Having a substance interfere with your relationships is a very strong sign.

• Yep we are all bad lol we all are dead beat fathers sigh

• One man is not "men". Amend your wording.

• You are right the male species are horrible horrible people.

• Im not trying to say it like that... I just mean that from my experience

• I was being sarcastic.

• 1. He isn't going to quit until he is ready to quit.
    2. Nothing you can do will make him quit. He is not in control of himself to even have the power to make that decision.
    3. Even if you love him, the best thing you can possibly do for him is to let him receive the consequences of his own drinking. It is the only way they can get closer to quitting. Do not make excuses for him, do not cover for him. Do not call in sick to work for him. Let him face the reality. Leave him if you must. This will help him the most.

I also strongly recommend you enroll in Allanon, a program for friends, associates, family members, and lovers of anyone with an alcohol problem. AA is for the alcoholics themselves, Allanon is for those who are effected by alcohol from someone else's life.

Check it out. Leaving him in the interim is your choice, but I think its definitely not a bad one and probably a good one.

• I always try to tell him to goto meetings but he always Denys himself as an alcoholic and even my sister told me before that once u deny it... U obviously r... But of course he doesn't see it... Yes I love him truly but tbh he never cheated I did once but that's just cuzz I'm used to be lied to and cheated on all the time till I see he wouldn't.. But yeah he doesn't cheat but he drinks... I just don't know anymore

• He's an alcoholic. You may feel guilty for past mistakes, but that is not a reason to go and make more. Checkout Allanon.

• Some of them are scum, baby daddy indeed.

What Girls Said 1

• Oh god your grammar lol. People don't change, they either grow an adapt to learn to compromise or their selfish for life. End it i would

• Believe me I've tried to end it... I know this might sound stupid but every time I tellbhim I wanna be done permanently we still end up getting back together again... Before we broke up for a while we've been together for 3 years and Valentine's day is tomorrow too ffs... & sorry about my grammar😂😂😂 but yeah

• I'm a stay at home mom but going to school online and like I said in the description he works during the day and gives it an excuse to drink

• So he provides financial support?