Girls, how often have you come across guys who were intimidated by the type of career or job you have?

Is it a common thing to find men who are intimidated by a womans, career job, or just how much money she makes?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, lots of them are intimidated... well, I think that was the problem. The conversation used to always go "so what do you do?"... "oh, I'm an engineer who writes software for helicopters, how about you?"... they guy would typically look at you like OMG and mutter a response and move on. Some guys (eg my husband) were like "oh that's really cool".

• do you think this is an unreasonable insecurity for guys to have?

• Yes I do think it's unreasonable. I've lost guys I was really attracted to because of it. I mean, I can understand if they just aren't into me but they approached me, right and then would freak out when they hear about what I do. I think some of them fear that you don't need them if you've got a great job - true, I don't need their money but I certainly still needed a great loving guy to share my life with.

What Girls Said 4

• I find that when you tell people you're a CJ student aiming for the federal government it turns a lot of guys away lol

• More like what I'm educated in, that being legal studies.

• Yes I find a lot of guys are intimidated by a successful woman.

• I have had that problem a few times. I have a good job in the Mortgage field and my last boyfriend said he felt less like a man because he was working retail at a music shop. He was 30 and I was 28. We didn't last

• It depends on the age I believe, and the man. Some men want a woman who could stand on her own. Some men love that they are the care takers and the provides in the relationship.

What Guys Said 0