Is it normal to be almost. 22 and to have never dated?

Here's a bit about me (other than my pic)

I have a lot of passions for stuff like music, nature, art and video games. I love being out and exploring by kayak or on foot on the trails. I'm down to earth and am pretty outgoing once I get to know you, but a bit shy at first. I tend to make friends and socialize well but I've never been able to get girls to hint interest. I've officially given up on using sites like Tinder or OkCupid because after an entire year of putting myself out there in good faith, not even a single match came of it. Tinder suggests I'm very undesirable because, I mean, it's a dating app based off of sexual attraction, right? I personally think sexual attraction is pretty necessary for a strong and healthy romantic relationship but it seems to be that I am lacking. In spite of my obvious struggles with attracting girls, I really can't see much wrong with my looks. I'm just wondering, could I be extremely unlucky or cursed, or am I just a "friendzoned" guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say yes it's normal because if I say no then that means Im saying "Its abnormal." which is not the case. There's no time limit on these things. Dont make yourself feel bad about this thing. I'll say think about all the experience you've had with girls (period) & try to see if u notice a pattern. Maybe you'll notice a mistake that u keep making. Not saying its your fault. Perhaps its the type of girl u go for or something of the sort. But just dont beat yourself up. Life goes on. Im sure ur a great guy regardless & u will be a good catch to someone. :)

What Girls Said 2

• I don't really know what's considered normal or abnormal anymore, but is it weird? No, I don't think so.

• What you have to do is stop trying so hard and stop worrying and you'll see girls will start noticing you, girls sense desperate men and you being insecure and trying hard is making you seem desperate do things to keep your mind occupied and stop worrying about females you're still young

• Okay I just hope to see results cause I won't be young forever and I understand girls want guys the most when they are around this age before everyone settles down. My main fear is being left behind after the scramble of everyone looking for a lover

• There are probably females that are attracted to you... Maybe you're just looking at the wrong places trust me there is no such thing as no one being attracted to others... there are guys who look worse yet have females drooling over them we all have secret admirers

• Hope so! I just hope I come across a qt that's mutually attracted. I guess I'll patiently wait till that day.

What Guys Said 5

• I thought it wasn't so common until I registered here. Believe me, you're not alone. I see questions like yours every day. So, I say, keep trying, keep doing what you're doing that sooner or later it'll happen.

• I mean, I'm essentially in my prime now, and I get the feeling that girls want guys the most probably around this age. It doesn't seem so hopeful for me so I'm pretty depressed.

• What do you mean by "some"? Are you suggesting I'm basically ugly? Should my standards be lower than most guys?

• No, I'm not suggesting this. By some I mean for some people. Just some people have less luck than others. You shouldn't lower your standards, you should keep looking. We always find what we look for. It can take long but we do. Just never lose hope.

• Come on man I'm not gay but you look way better than me.. You just not taking it to the limit you have to take risks homie ask them out for a drink.. You might not be asking them on dates..

• I actually have a few times but honestly I got rejected all times and that's why I tried online but then that hurt my confidence a ton so it's really hard for me to approach now.

• Just keep trying every women is different.. Just take them out to dinner

• probably more guys like this than girls

• I've been on a few Tinder dates... made out with a few girls from Tinder... but ultimately, Tinder sucks, bro! Especially when you consider how much time you put into it and how little you get out of it. I've been stood up a lot by women on Tinder, girls stop talking to you on Tinder if you can't make them laugh, all of them stop talking to you after the first date. Women on Tinder are just damaged leftover women that will probably be single until their late 30s.

Okay... enough venting. Change up your style bro (clothing style). Try a new hairstyle, get some nice cologne. Go out often and take classes at a gym... that will increase your chances.

• yeah man gonna be 20 soon and no girls shown interest, despite how much i work out and try to take care of myself girls just dont notice me besides when their drunk as hell lol. Being alone is awesome man let women fall in love with the jackass football player who isn't good enough to make it to the league and gets a half ass degree. To enjoy life you have to accept that 90% of people are idiots