Should I be able to talk to my ex girl friend when I have one currently?

I have been dating a girl for one month now and recently I have wanted to go hang out with my other friend, lets call her Mary, that I haven't seen in a long time. Mary and I have dated before for one month but that was almost three years ago. After we broke up we stayed as friends and we are very good friends even now. We don't see each other often and we just consider each other really good friends and nothing more. The problem arrises when I told my gf I was going to hang out with the girl and she thought i shouldn't hang out with her because she is my ex, but I feel like there is no chance that I will ever date Mary again and we are now just strictly friends. My gf still thinks I shouldn't hang out with her only because we dated before and I could still have feelings for her. Just because we dated a long time ago doesn't mean we will date again. So do you guys think I should be able to hang out with her?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you should hang out with your ex. I don't think it is wrong of you to hang out with her but coming from your current girlfriend's perspective, I wouldn't have peice of mind. Hanging out with other girls? I wouldn't really care but it is somethin about ex's the concept of ex's. I view it as someone you once kissed, you onced had feelings for, etc. I'll tell you right now, if I had to chose to hang out with an ex I am good friends with or my current boyfriend, I would rather hang out with my boyfriend. An ex is an ex, you move on to potentially better things.

• yeah but what if you haven't seen him in a long time and you guys are very good friends and even before you started dating your new bf you would hang out with him and your bf isn't available to hang out at that time?

• Well this is just me but I tend to leave exes in the past if I am dating someone. I had en ex who was my bestfriend before and after but I stopped communicating with him because I couldn't move on. I would always have te urge I talk to him if I felt down. So I just quit cold turkey with him.

What Guys Said 0