I need to reject a guy, is this a good way to say it?

Is this a good ting to say? He wants to take me out for dinner today or tomorrow but i dont like him in other way than as a friend:

Hi! Sorry for extremly delayed answer, but my brpther dislocaded his shoulder so i had to help him out with a lot of stuff. I think i have time this weekend :) by the way just wanted to mentione that im only after frienship atm, and im not ready to date. i just wanted to mentione it so that we know we are on the same page

i change it a bit, tell me what you think.

Hi! sorry for replying so late, but i was very busy. I think i have time today, but i just wanted to say that im only after friendship right now. Just wanted to mentioned it just so we know we are on the same page

Most Helpful Guy

• Honesty is the best policy. If you just like him as a friend tell him that. If you don't want to go out on a date with him, tell him that too. If you want to hang out for Valentine's Day, but just as friends, tell him that.

His response to your honesty will tell you a lot about him as a person.

What Guys Said 10

• I think you should be a little more direct than that and just say something like, "I'm really not feeling any chemistry between us... blah blah."

If you go with what you have right now, "I'm not ready to date..." the poor guy might think he still has a chance with you leading to getting him fucked over down the line.

• I like it, it's to the point and won't string him along.

• I tell you what, if this guy happens to appear in your face a lot and you send this message it's gonna be invalid he will try to convince you about him more and more but if it's not ! then it's gonna work.

• I dont think you should lie, if you are willing to then you aren't worth his time anyway, and mention has no e on the end

• Just outright say it! Say it for screwsakes! Believe me. There's nothing shittier than being "hinted" this kind of thing.

• Just be straight I don't like you I don't wanna go in a date with you. It's very simple and thus he will not believe your excuses

• It would be a real shame if this guy found this exact post later on lol.

If i were you i would drop the im only after friendship and just say im not ready to start dating atm

• This is stupid.

• why?

• i get your point... i changed the rejection-message or what ever i should call it in the updates, what you think about that?

• Acceptable.

• Why not keep it simple and easy
    Just let him know that you look forward to him only as a friend and that you're not at all interested in dating

• do it before he has too much of feelings for you

What Girls Said 4

• Cut out all the none important things he doesn't need to know. Such as your brother shoulder. That's only relative to you.

" hey, sorry I took a while to reply. I was a little busy. We can still go but I just feel you should know that I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I hope you understand"

• I don't think you should lie, except if your brothers shoulder is really dislocated. If that's not the case, just remove the 'brother's shoulder' part, the rest looks good.

• Yeah! That's a good way to go about it!!!

• tell him he is really cute and he is a real prince but you aren't his princess