Acquaintances: How to become friends and then move on to dating?

This guy I met has been talking to me each week that I see him. We generally have brief conversations 2-3 throughout a day. We see each other once a week. I'm wondering how we can move past acquaintances, become friends, and possibly move onto something more. We both seem to like each other and share chemistry. I feel it's best to start with a cell #. How can I make things comfortable/right for him to ask? I don't feel comfortable initiating a # exchange, plus he does not seem the type to appreciate it if I were to. He initiates most of our interactions :). He is really my ideal type. I am in need of some advice!

Most Helpful Girl

• This is how my bf and I started as coworkers and moved to friends and then a relationship. We started texting each other and little by little we would text even more. Then we would go out with friends/coworkers. Eventually we started hanging out alone a lot and now we're dating. Just let him know you're comfortable around him and are interested in getting to know him more. Spend more time with him. If you're afraid of coming off too strong, start by hanging out with a group of friends. Break the touch barrier too.. You can do that by brushing your hand against his to see how he responds or give him a hug. And if you are really bold, kiss him on the cheek. A goodnight kiss is always sweet ;)

What Guys Said 3

• Ok, this is mutual. Sure its best to ask him out immediately, but it would be so much better if you asked for his number for something totally irrelephant to flirting. Ask for his but dont give yours. Text him and if he makes witty comments or extends his answers, thats a dead give away. You can then proceed how you feel is best. Try to relate or bring up something you two have discussed in person. Good Luck!

• If you really like the guy then you should try to be the one to start conversations. Take the initiative and is if he wants to go out for coffee or something. Don't feel you need to wait for him to ask you.
    I understand you might feel uncumfortable asking for his number, but everyone would! Men and women alike.
    If you feel you aren't close enough to ask for his number then just hang out with him more

• you're right. everyone is afraid of rejection, but i can tell he just wouldn't be comfortable with me asking him. he's more the type that would want to ask, plus i feel more comfortable with it being traditional that way? i think, like you suggest, we should hang out more and see where things go. i just wish i had the opportunity to talk to him alone without people around. i guess relationships take time to develop!

• You're probably just going to friend zone him in the end.

What Girls Said 5

• So basicaly he isn't the type that wants you to do anything but you want to know what you can do to make things happen.

Nothing. From your description -if you're correct about him- you're at his mercy. Enjoy :))

by the way just bc he initiate doesn't mean that's how he wants it. If you're not initiating than how do you know he's not just doing it bc you're not doing it?

• Take a nice picture of him and then ask him for his number so you can IM it to him. Tell him your bluetooth is down or something. Then you can slowly go from there. You'll be able to tell if he's interested by how quickly he responds to your messages

• I think you should exchange numbers quite honestly. It's nothing bad, it's very class and I'm sure he'll find it attractive that you're making the first move. Good luck!

• tell him that you need some help because you are getting something online and need to choose stuffs and ask him for his email add.

• You should start to initiate some things like asking him out and changing the relationship from acquaintance to relationship