What messages do girls want to see from guys on online dating sights?

I've been using online dating sites for years and the only response I've had is "not interested" and "you're ugly." I like to read the girl's profile and if she seems like we have things in common, I will message her. For just an example, let's say I am looking at the profile of a girl named Sandy. I like Sandy and she seems nice. She also likes finding good restaurants, which we have plenty of here in Los Angeles, and I like that too. So I write something like this to her:

Hello Sandy! I hope you're having a nice day. You're very pretty and I would like to meet you. There is a nice little restaurant I know about near your area that has great pasta. Let me know if you would like to meet. I can pick you up if you don't have a ride. Take care.

This sort of approach apparently doesn't work. I almost never get a response and maybe a couple of negative responses. My profile is good. It has pictures of me and a good description. So I think I must need to change the wording of my messages. What do you think?

What Girls Said 1

• Start a conversation about something mentioned on her profile.

What Guys Said 1