Guys, dating into relationship?

Just wondering when do you decide to ask a girl you have been dating to be in a relationship with you. What makes you decide Eto

Most Helpful Guy

• First and for most I need to make sure that person is who they say they are and want what they say they want. This process can take several months. Other than that standards vary from person to person. I have been burnt a few times so im pretty stict when it comes to dating.

What im personally looking for
    No kids, does not smoke, drinks only occasionally. Is 100% honest and upfront. She must have a car and a job (Unless under 18), kind and caring yet independent, non-religious, must have goals and a sense of direction in her life. We have to have great sexual chemistry.

What Guys Said 17

• Oh you mean establishing what the relationship is. I've had this conversation with someone before. Sadly, after high school, its not so simple anymore. someone has to establish what status the relationship is. If you keep waiting for him, you will just drive yourself crazy, its best to ask and know. Im about to face the same thing too...

• it usually takes 4 dates and a lot of talking/texting in between so thats about 3 weeks, thats when i become exclusive to her, so i stop focusing on other girls then after 2 more dates if we see each other frequently i try to drop hints of only seeing each other...
    usually it happens naturally, like nothing needs to be said

• Within the first few dates - she was so different from everyone else I dated, there was a just no question in my mind. She wasn't ready. She reached the same conclusion about me in about 20x the time. Totally worth the wait - wasn't really a wait, just wasn't the only guy for a while. Actually, it taught me to be appreciative of our time regardless - something both parties of every really good relationship know at some level, I think.

• usually, since i dont have much experience, but in the past it just happens when we feel at a comfortable, and intimate area in the relationship, usually if we've been dating with said girl for a month or two we (as in me (i)) tend to just feel comfortable around that girl, and want to show that girl that thats the girl we want to be with, couple of years ago i was in a relationship with this girl, she ended up cheating on me, but beside that it was a nice relationship, because we liked being around each other, we had a lot in common, and we decided that together, it's usually when we thing the girl wants to be with us, or want to be in a relationship.

• What do you do if a girl says she dosn't want anything serious? I dated this girl for over a month and kind if asked her what she was looking for in me and she said she dosn't want anything serious. She always sends me hot pics of her and texts me all the time like she likes me a lot but she says nothing serious.

I kinda feel like moving on. She didn't totally reject me because we still go on dates and hook up but I'm curious why not take it further. I don't want a friend with benifits relationship because I get to attached.

will she come around? Or move on?

Oh and to answer the question I ask when I know for sure I want to get closer like if dates keep going well for a month or 2 max.

• She has a right to date casually if that is her desire. Sometimes two people don't have the same agenda and that's okay. It's a numbers game. The more you date, the more you encounter, the more likely you will find the right girl at the right time.

I've found that girls under 25 are usually not looking to pin themselves down. Above 25, more or less, you'll find more girls who are looking to settle down. Not a rule or anything but just something I've noticed. You're 21, too young to settle. Appreciate what she's giving you. You can wait to set if anything develops, but I wouldn't stop looking for what you need if she's unable to give it to you. Do you have to move on before you look for others? It's obviously not a committed relationship...

• Yeah that's the thing I don't like seeing more then one person at a time. I feel guilty for some reason. Something amazing happend though me and the girl just took it to the next level so you were right about waiting. I was going to move on too especially because she blew me off for a date but later that night she wanted to hang out so I did and things ended up going great.

I just don't want to see people that are going on dates with other guys and stuff I do get jealous and end up feeling inferior so I like to lock shit in. @davekim80

• Your too old to be in High School. Adults don't say things like "will you go with me?"
    I don't even understand the question. When I date, that is the person I am with until we break up.

• I don't really make the distinction, it just sort of happens I guess? When I know I want this girl to be in my life for the foreseeable future might be one thing that makes me view 'us' as more serious and committed.

• Realistically by the first date I know if I'm into you or not but I like to wait for a couple weeks to see how into me you are if we're both still mutually intrested I go ahead and ask the question

• I just need to feel I know who they are and if I approve. She can't have kids, can't have slept around she can't talk back to me or be passive aggresive. I can't stand a women being a smart ass. I dont really care about her education I have dated women with master degrees and some that had a tough time passing high school. Id prefer her to be under twenty three and never had a live in bf.

• Haha! Good Luck with those standard!!

• Cali baby

• Classic cali bro.

• me and my girlfriend were official after three dates.
    It normally depends on how both of you feel. Notice that I said both, not one.
    Both of you have to feel the connection. That normally happens after two or three dates.

• Honestly for me it just kinda happens. No real explanation. but I inly date date girls that are fun and outgoing. No drama.

• I just need to find a woman that loves adventures n is willing to travel with me. Does not do drugs. Someone that's loyal, great with people. And just wants to have fun. It doesn't matter on dates if I feel a connection and we kiss then it's on lol.

• Deciding factor is when you see that that specific girl can change you, fill you and bring you joy, when your thinking is mostly the opposite, so you can exchange views to a specific conversation theme

• I love the way you think, its exactly right! I didn't know guys that thought like you existed :)

• If the sex happened during dating, and no relationship status was established, she's probably playing the field. But ask, and if she says yes, you be golden. If not, you know the truth. Win/Win if you ask me.

• Feelings, the desire to have a commitment

• A girl who is Nice, Polite, Pretty, And Loyal.

• Duno, it's just sexy tum!

What Girls Said 3

• I think guys make this decision once they know what they are getting into or what to expect out of the relationship - so when they are familiar with the range of behaviours, actions and appearance norms inherit with him dating you and if he thinks it is worthwhile for him etc... (you guys are at similar levels of attractiveness)

• My boyfriend told me he wanted to be just that the very first night we talked on the phone.

• If you're dating, isn't it already a serious relationship? If you don't think it's serious, make sure she doesn't think it's serious! You could hurt her really bad.