Told a guy I'm 21 when I'm actually 20.. will it make a difference?

I met a guy at a restaurant today when I went with my little sister. He is 30, successful, etc. and he approached me.

He asked my age, and he guessed that I was 21.
I said that I was, and we exchanged numbers.
(my birthday is right around the corner)

we are texting now and he asked if I am really 21 and I told him flat out that my birthday is coming up and that I just say im 21 since its so soon..

I know a lie is a lie is a lie... but I clarified right after.. do you think he will think bad of me for not telling him in the first place?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Nah that's not that big of a deal as long as by soon you actually mean soon not just sometime this year.

• If you are turning 21 soon it is not like he will find out. You are basically 21 if your birthday is soon just avoid going out for drinks with him til you are 21.

• I don't think so it's just something normal anyway your birthday is coming soon even thought u still 20 :/ the problems will show up when he ask u out in the next few days the low says under 21 can't drink..

• Not a big deal. It kind of wasn't a lie since it's so close.

• This is a "no problem" type situation

• He'll figure it out when you can't get into a club or drink anything