Would you date a co-worker?

Would you date a co-worker?

A lot of people have in mind that things can get awkward very quick when dating a co-worker, if it turns out that you break up it could be very uncomfortable to work with that person, but in the other hand I have worked with co-workers who dated, and got married and are just fine working together. What do you all think?

• Yes, I would
  • No, I wouldn't
  • Depends on the situation...

Most Helpful Girl

• My bf and I work together but it took him over a year to ask me out. We started as coworkers and then became really good friends. Eventually we couldn't hide our feelings anymore. Before I met him, I would have probably said no but when you really like someone it's worth the risk. We had talked about it getting in the way of work and at first we agreed to be friends only but in the end we couldn't deny it anymore. We've been dating for awhile but we agreed to not to let anyone at work know. Some things are not meant to be shared at work or else people start questioning your ability to separate work from your personal life.

• I completely agree with you! That is where I am at right now, it is obvious and we can't hide our feelings for each other no more, but we both silently agree that it is not something to be shared with everyone at work. Somethings are better left private, we avoid drama, rumors, and judgement. Thanks for your honest response!

• No problem. Thanks for MHO :)

What Guys Said 13

• Where do you work?
    I've had jobs where all the hot girls were across the hall in a massive call center in some redbox support crap while we handled tech support. There I wouldn't care, no future just a filler job and would never see em.

Current job this pipelayer broke up with a girl and they both quit.. Wouldn't recommend it working around an area where there are about 100 ways to die, distraction is no bueno.

If you're in an office prob not that bad, depends on the maturity of the two people.

• I work in an office, and work in different departments. I'm billing, and he's more of backside making contracts, etc... I agree though if it were a dangerous job, I would avoid distractions. For me though, it's not a permanent job, since I plan to go back to school soon, just saving money for that.

• May as well go for it then, if you're initiating. If you dont have much contact with him it shouldn't be that bad if it hits the fan.

• Yes. I've worked at a couple companies where it is very common. At my previous job there were 4 or 5 married couples who had met there. The boss didn't discourage it because he had met his wife there, though she no longer worked there by the time I started.

Since my current workplace is about 90% male, the chances aren't too good that I'll meet someone anytime soon.

• Guy at my office met his wife working there.

There was a girl I liked and would have dated, but other factors (nothing to do with her being a co-worker) got in the way.

• I dated a co-worker. Unfortunately we are no longer together though. :(

• I did and I ended up marrying her :-)

• I have once. U spend a lot of time at work so it's normal to get close to certain people. I dated a girl a couple years ago and we became a couple. But when we broke up it was horrible.

5/10 probably wouldn't do again.

• No. It'd be too awkward. And could possibly affect the work environment.

• I have a crush and she already knows so its kinda borderline awkward everytime we talk at work

• never again

• No, you do not want to do that.
    There's a saying.

"Don't shit where you eat"

• if she was normal yeah

• Sure if she asks n is alluring... :f

• I would date any girl with some standards like same age group for example.

What Girls Said 11

• Been there and done that. He was my supervisor at the time. We only worked together about 9 months and then he found a new job and I took his position. It worked out fine while we were at work. We had no issues, because we worked different shifts most of the time. We worked at a movie theater, so it was really casual. Technically, we were not supposed to be dating, since he was my supervisor, but everyone, even management thought we were cute together, so no one made a big deal out of it. Had it caused problems at work, I am sure that would have been different. We broke up about 3 months after he left the theater. He lived about 40 minutes away from me, was working over time and started lying to me and was acquiring a drinking problem. We broke up, but had nothing to do with having worked together.

• No I would not. There are many attractive people in this world and there is no reason for me to date somebody I can't have.

• I put my vote as 'A' but in my experience things get pretty awkward when the relationship starts to go sour.
    If I could recommend I think dating co-workers only really works if you don't work closely with them, or u get an office transfer. I just don't believe it has a high success rate. But who doesn't fall for someone at work right?

• Dating is not in my sight. If it were, dating a co-worker would be a strong red line; mixing professional life with personal life is something I will never do.

• My fiance and I got to know each other through work, we used to work at the same place. . . now 9 years later :]Still together, madly in love, live together and enjoy life :]

It can go right, like it did with us. :) It can also go wrong and sadly that can happen.

• I might be open to it later on.

• No the guys at my workplace are married or unattractive

• There's nothing wrong with it, and might be the best thing ever, but it can also be very awkward in case it doesn't work out, probably depends on how far away your desk is from hers?

• Most of my coworkers are dating or married to each other lol

• yeah I would become a dog walker.

• Seeing as how i work in the family business and all my coworkers are related to me... that would be a big no!! lol :P