Advice on dating older men?

I'm dating one of my best friends, he is 34 years old and I am 21. (13 year difference) This is my first time dating someone who is over 5 years older than I am. I was hoping someone could give me some advice on how to make an older man happy. What are your expectations of younger women and what should I expect? He is kind of a child at heart, so he loves to go to festivals, events, and concerts. We both have a TON in common and we both feed off each other's energy. I know we're compatible but I want to be able to connect with him on an adult level sometimes.

Okay, I'm looking for serious responses. If you're going to be rude, or offensive I won't hesitate to report you..
I've met plenty of younger women who have had successful relationships with older men. We've been best friends for years and decided to take it further. If he wanted to take advantage of me he would have done it by now.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• My advice is be yourself. I dated a guy 6 years older than me, and when I tried to act mature I ended up making a complete a** of myself. Also, don't act like your relying on him as an adult figure either. Think of him and treat him as your equal. I would ask my ex for advice, and we got into the role of him thinking he could tell me what to do because he was older (though that might just have been his personality :/). However, before things starting going south I really enjoyed the relationship. He was mature, and ready for a relationship. I felt like he had things figured out, and that I could really talk to him on the same level. I don't think dating older men is such a bad thing. We as girls mature faster than guys, and its annoying dealing with guys who just want to party and have sex. My advice is there is no shame in it, and just have fun :). Though do keep in mind about what I said. Make it so that, if you pursue a relationship, that you both treat each other as equals. Think of age as just a number. Good Luck, Sweetheart!!<3

• Thank you for that wonderful comment. I apologize, I know I am a bit late replying. You are so right! We definitely do mature faster, and I have always been attracted to older men because of that. I truly appreciate your support and the warning! I will definitely take your advice to heart. And you're right about age, it really is just a number, it all depends on the persons personality and compatibility. Thank you so much!

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Well, just act like yourself.
    As for as how to make him happy, ask him what and how he likes it.
    Don't expect anything in this relationship.

• Thank you for the serious comment.

• What would a 34 year old want with a 21 year old apart from easy pussy? This relationship won't last.

• You're very opinionated for someone who has no idea what his intentions are. We've been taking things slow. I'm not "easy" if that is what you're implying, so if you're going to be rude I would keep it to yourself. Not every 21 year old girl is "easy".

• I hope you're right.

Still though your man is a loser dating someone 13 years younger.

• That is your opinion, and I will respect it, but I will not agree with it.

• Always do everything you are told from your partner, since he is older.

• I don't believe that's is how a relationship with any man (older or not) should work. Sorry.

• Older men are more mature than young women and they expect more, so you have to show him that you are willing to be mature by following what he says for it the relationship to work. If you don't like the idea, then it will not work.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!