Is it wrong to hang out with my guy friends?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost three years now. I've had a few girlfriends here and there but mainly my best friends are all guys. The girls that I usually hangout with are all gone away to college now. I don't feel that its right to hang out with my guy friends since I have a boyfriend now, not because I have feelings for them but because I wouldn't like it if my boyfriend was hanging out with other girls in his free time instead of me. The thing is, he's usually busy and since I no longer have a job and the only other commitment I have is school I have tons of free time. I get so bored of being home. I'm very lonely and its killing me. Is it wrong to hang out with my guy friends? I admit I've dated some of them before but we broke up for a reason.. guys would it bug you if your girl was hanging out with guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have a problem if my girlfriend was hanging out with any of her ex's.

I don't think there is anything wrong with hanging out with your guy friends, but you shouldn't be calling them all the time. Especially since you have a boyfriend. If you're hanging with them more than your boyfriend though, then that is a problem.

Now, if you're bored of being home, find something you enjoy doing. If you're lonely, go get a dog. Hanging out with them too much will only lead to them having feelings for you, and maybe you having feelings for them, and then you'll have a whole different set of issues. And even if that doesn't happen, it will save you the hassle if your boyfriend starts getting upset because of the time you spend with your guy friends. Sometimes you have to deal with your boredom and loneliness in other ways that don't involve other people. That's just life. You're not always going to have people around to make you happy.

So if you want to hang with them every once in a while, fine. But don't make a habit out of it. And definitely don't hang out with your ex's.

What Guys Said 3

• Has your boyfriend met these guys? If not, perhaps having him do that could diffuse any situation which might come up.

The ex's are a bigger deal. He deffinitely needs to be comfortable with you hanging with them. Your feeling lonely won't help that situation either.

Having him meet your guy friends could make him more comfortable with you being around them. He'll know who you're with, what they're like and whether he stands a chance.

On the other hand, some guys could be overly aggressive if they feel one of their guys friends is making moves on her. You would want to make sure both your boyfriend and your guy friends are ok with meeting each other.

• Personally, I'd be bothered if my girlfriend constantly hung out with ex's.

Have you considered getting another job or playing sports or anything to keep you busy?

• Yes I got a full time job because of how lonely I felt all the time and I worked for 6 months, but my parents made me quit last friday because its really cutting into my school now. The thing is he can be out with his friends, but I cant.

• It's not a matter of he can be out with his friends and you can't. I'm assuming his friends are guys he knows? That's different from him going out with ex gf's. Talk to him about it and how he feels. He could be totally comfortable with it and not care. Or the exact opposite. But the only way to find out is to ask.

• I'll agree with all the other guys.

If you fill all this free time hanging out with guy friends more than likely there will be problems. Especially since one or more of them are ex's.

Do it in moderation and have respect for your boyfriends feelings. Even if there is nothing there it's not fun to see your girlfriend spending more time with other guys than him.

What Girls Said 0