Will guys run if I have HPV?

I have HPV. (The kind that gives genital warts.) I'm getting the warts treated but since the virus isn't curable, will guys run when I tell them I have HPV and they could possibly catch it? Or should I not say anything since its estimated 75% of sexually active people carry the virus anyway?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. That's not a question that comes up much! You should definitely let the guy know, and let him know you're being treated, and the risk level for unprotected sex. If he's worried, he can get himself tested to see if he has it too :p

I'd be less than thrilled to date someone who had HPV... but if I had it too (and I probably do), I'd be damn impressed by her willingness/ability to talk about it :)

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on how educated the guy is. HPV usually doesn't do anything to men and often doesn't have any symptoms before the infection just straight up goes away.

Tell him if he's a good guy, don't if he's not. Not a lot of guys bother learning about it, so they'll probably think it's far worse than it actually is.

• Thats what I was thinking! It really is pretty harmless especially for guys.

• It's deffinately something that you SHOULD mention. Guys have a right to know if you are carrying any STIs/STDs

• Oh hell yea they don't wnat dick warts and genitl warts can't be stopped by condom

What Girls Said 1

• First off all of you are ill informed, HPV effects men exactly the same as it does women when it is the wart causing HPV. The difference is for cancerous HPV there is no way for a mean to be tested to see if he has it, if it is the wart form, neither guy or girl can be tested they just know when warts show up, dont be an evil bitch you need tot ell every man you sleep with. Unless he is a scum bag, but then you might not want to have sex with him because he might give you something else