Are these signs that he's losing interest in me?

Sorry for the repeat post, but I thought I could use more opinions.

My bf and I are sixteen. I'm concerned that he's losing interest because I'm injured, and he used to visit me about 3 times a week, and this week he only has twice. I asked him to come over once and he said he was sick and was helping out his parents with heavy-duty housework (which I thought was sketchy, since I didn't think you could do that with a stomach ache? But his parents are like drill sergeants and he's SUPER SUPER SUPER loyal to them and always doing work for them. He's very passive and always gives into them without argument. They've always been his number one priority, and their demands always cut into our dating time). He also said he was looking forward to his pizza dinner... would you still have an appetite for pizza with a stomach ache?

The next time I asked him over he agreed to come pretty quickly but left after about an hour and half since his parents needed his help again.

He was also less physically affectionate with me but I thought that might've been because my parents were around a lot of the time and he doesn't like to PDA in front of them.

Also, he still texts me constantly; we have conversations all day about our interests and he's always asking me about my life and opinions. He asks how I am and texts good night. But maybe he just feels bad for me since I'm injured? But he's always texted me that much in the four months we've been romantically involved, and our conversations go way beyond my injury.

We're abstinent due to his family's strict religious beliefs.

Am I being too paranoid? I don't want to call him out on it because I don't want to seem clingy. Thanks!

• Yes he's losing interest
  • No he isn't losing interest
Can more people please vote?
Anyone else out there? Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh wow. It seems like your bf needs to find a dictionary and look up the word rebel. It's great that he listens to his parents, but he can't base his relationship with u on their beliefs. They can make their beliefs about sex known, but damn! It's not their descision! It's a decision between you and him. I am not and will not have sex with my bf because of my beliefs, worries, and boundaries. Not because my parents told me not to. I get that his parents are important to him, but he can't put them first all the time. If you always put one person in your life first, your other relationships are going to get damaged. As you can see clearly by you asking this question. You need to talk to him about whether he's going to put you or his parents first. Because sometimes, something happens that's just more important than anything your parents could say. I would move heaven and earth to get to my bf if he was suicidal or do whatever was possible to help him, no matter what my parents said. Cuz damn it, cleaning the kitchen or making my curfew is nowhere near as important than the person I love about to commit suicide! You being injured should be more important to him than doing whatever work his parents tell him to do. You need to have a serious talk with him about that.

What Guys Said 7

• You are being way way too paranoid.

• I don't remember a time when anything got in the way of pizza, except when there is multiple and I haven't finished a box yet.

Your fine, the real reason for "less affection" is probably the stomach ache. And as long as it's a stomachs ache It shouldn't impede his work.

There is still communication so there is still a thriving relationship.

And just in case you thought he was cheating, if he won't have sex with you due to fear of his drill Sargent religious parents then the thought of cheating would probably make him pee alittle.

• I didn't vote. All relationships cool off a little. He's still communicating with you as always so I'd say you're still good

• Relax. Let the relationship flourish naturally, and enjoy the moments. If you care about him (and I think you do), believe him and believe in him. Don't let frequency of texts gauge the success of your relationship. Don't call him out on it, and don't be clingy, but be affectionate, and let him know when you're thinking about him. The best situation is the one without markers and metrics by which you validate yourself. If you enjoy it without getting worked up, then it's probably real and good.

• Your profile says you're 27.

• You are way too skeptical and analytic, have a little more faith.

• Paranoid. You seem like the overly obsessed girlfriend. Give the guy some space.

What Girls Said 7

• You're looking way too far into this. Don't be paranoid. Trust that he's being sincere with you and just be happy for when he can spend time with you

• A stomachache will not deter a guy from wanting pizza. A guy could have a kidney removed and wake up still wanting pizza. He's probably just busy...

• As long as your still doing the things you were doing before you met him, the relationship will go as it should. Don't fight for a man who doesn't want to fight for you. With that said, don't jump to conclusions. If he doesn't answer your text in what you consider an appropriate amount of time, ask yourself if you would appreciate him doing that to you. Just make sure you don't lose yourself in the fight for him.

• i dont think he is losing interest. he seems normal but if you continue being paranoid THAT might start annoying the poor guy and THEN he might start losing interest. be a little more undertanding of him. he will value you more. And also get well soon :)(for your injury that is LOL)

• Don't stress it. It seems like his parents are taking up him time. One less visit isn't going to hurt and he still text you all day. Eventually stomach aches pass and your appetite comes back

• I would just continue being yourself. Is it harder to do a lot of things due to injury? Maybe think of things to make the visits more fun? You could be going stir crazy and your mind is on over load. Be supporting, and don't let him know it bothers you, unless it becomes a habit. Hope you heal soon:)

• I think personally you sound very demanding of his time. Poss putting him in a push pull situation with his parents. The biggest issues we girls have is over analyze every little text and conversation.
    good luck.. I am sure he is not losing interest in you.