Height preference or height prejudice?

I am 5'3", 136lbs and in good shape... I know, I'm not a built guy, but I'm very fit...
Yet tall, big, fat, and even, ugly guys have better luck than I.
Is it just that girls prefer a guy in big stature dispite his body fat or attractiveness?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most girls do tend to prefer a taller guy. We feel safer, and also it can be embarrassing to have to bend down to kiss a boy because society has told us that guys have to be taller. When I got with my fiance he was 3 inches shorter than me and I didn't care. Of course he ended up growing to be 4 inches taller than me. Anyways, it shouldn't matter if most girls like a tall guy. Either look for short girls, or just wait for one who doesn't care about where you stack up on the veritcal scale.

What Girls Said 4

• The sad truth of the matter is that height is a very attractive quality. It cancels out numerous other traits.

• It's natural selection, women want a man bigger than her because it makes her feel like he can physically protect her, as well as it's nicer to look up at a guy than down.

• I prefer guys who are taller than me

• Its a matter of prejudice, height just outshine several facts!

What Guys Said 3

• I feel your pain man. Although, I'm only 5'7 I'm still really short. It sucks because I always see taller girls who are incredibly gorgeous that I will never be able to date, and even the short girls like the tall guys. But this has made me humble and helps me work on other features. I don't even focus on it, I just live out my own life and whoever my gravity force pulls in gets a great friend. You're fit and that is a good attribute, now work on other things build your confidence. Learn a new language, learn to play an instrument, or taking singing lessons. Good luck on your life long journey and don't beat yourself up on your height.

• I appreciate the posi points greatly. I do play guitar and the drums though lol
      I don't dwell terribly on my height, since I served as an M1 Abrams tanker in Iraq for two tours... despite it, girls look past the character and history and see only, 'How tall is he'.

• Had a co-worker who was ridiculously tall but almost fat, very out of shape and seemed lazy yet he got lots of girls. Stature is far more important for women than being fit it seems. Thing is, if you are short or average you HAVE to be fit to jump out just a bit.

• Yes. Unfortunately, you're automatically friendzoned if you're not noticeably taller than her.