Does it feel good when you tell a guy who likes you that you just want to be friends?

Girls seem like they enjoy doing it. Like they enjoy hurting him and knowing that she could call upon him anytime. Is it like a confidence booster?

• Yes
  • Maybe a little
  • No
  • See answers

Most Helpful Girl

• It feels like shit but you honestly can't force yourself to be into someone when you are just not! And then they try to make you feel guilty and awful after even though you tried to do it as politely as possible. One time some guy screamed and called me a bitch for "friendzoning" him even though I was DATING the same person ever since I met this guy so obviously I thought he wanted friendship, and I trusted him and thought of him as a friend so it was like a punch in the stomach. It's awful it's the worst.

What Girls Said 3

• I've told guys I just want to be friends, I've also told guys they are total creeps and I don't like them and don't want them to ever speak to me again.

No, generally women don't like dealing with unwanted attention. That's why it's unwanted.

You sound paranoid.

• It's not necessarily a confidece booster to say that you just want to be friends, but it is kinda nice to know in the back of your head that someone likes you

• No, I feel awful, and get quite freaked out about it because I feel so bad.

What Guys Said 2

• What do you want her to say? Let's just be enemies? Let's just pretend like we never met? Let's just be eternally awkward? Let's just be squirrels? If she doesn't want you then she just doesn't want you. There's really nothing you can do about it.

• I never said that saying it was wrong...

• For the vast majority, no I'd say girls don't like doing this.

Some, the minority, I suspect like having a guy around who they know like him as an ego boost.