Valentine gift recieved but I didn't get him one?

I have been dating a guy I met online, we have only had a few dates & had a date on Valentine's day. He got me a sweet gift but I didn't get him anything as I wasn't sure if it would look too much/if he would thing it too soon for a gift. We had a lovely date but I'm now feeling guilty I didn't have a present for him... as a guy would you be upset?

He didn't seem disappointed that i hadn't got him a present, should i give him a gift next time?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is why I hate Valentine's Day. Too many expectations and too much social pressure with gift giving and one-upping everyone. Here is the truth, guys don't care about getting gifts on Valentine's. Valentine's is a universal day all guys expect sex or some kind of sexual treat. No guy gives two shits for a stuffed teddy bear or flowers. That stuff is all for the girls or 14 year olds. If you are still early in a relationship and not having sex yet, then food is the next best thing. Take him out for dinner. I would love that!

What Guys Said 3

• I would have mixed feelings. could be. Take him to an upscale place to eat and treat him

• Is love a one way street with you?

• not at all, it was just unexpected as we have only known each other a couple of weeks

• Well I have seen a lot of women where I'm at that just wanted a Valentine.

• That's ok I din't get one too

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think its that big of a deal because you haven't been dating that long