Could you honestly date/marry someone missing one of their body parts: a foot, arm, leg, ear, toe, eye, or finger?

I like this guy at the moment. I noticed today when he put his hand on my desk that he had a finger missing. I tried to overlook it, and as far as I know, I still like him. People in class though tend to always call him out though. I heard he's embarassed to give high fives because that nub gets in the way. Poor guy...

• Yes I would.
  • No, too complicated
People, I dont have a prob with his finger. I said I can overlook it. The question was "can you overlook a missing limb?"

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, if you meet the person and feel good with each other... no problem at all!

• Yea i really like him

• Now that our group project is over, I notice that he barely talks to me anymore. And he sits RIGHT in front of me. He used to even turn around and goof off. I think its time to move on now..:

• Well, there's one thing that contradicts it: relationships that have cost effort are the most rewarding... if he feels that you really like him his interest may come back.
      I'd say try it, either you fail and know that it won't happen, or both of you are as happy as can be that things work out :-)
      Honestly, I don't dear to predict but you never know!

What Guys Said 22

• I feel like I can still date a girl who is missing an entire arm or a foot. doesn't change her heart, if anything I feel it will make her a more beautiful person because she's been through the pain of loss and can cherish and value life much fuller, seeing life in a complete different angle, introducing me to new wonders that I probably never would have discovered without her. she would probably make me feel more alive than I ever could be with her.

• Relationships aren't entirely about physical attraction. If you really loved someone, would you care if he/she was missing a foot or hand? I think that would just make a person stronger. People also age and change over time. If you're only attracted to someone's beauty when you're 20, you're going to be disappointed when you're both 50 or 60.

If your classmates are really making fun of someone because he is missing a finger, tell them that's discrimination and to stop being such fucking assholes.

• A missing limb does not equate to a missing mind.
    What would you tell a wounded soldier returning from military duty having lost an appendage?
    Do we care less for them?
    People suffer dismemberment for a variety of reasons often not their own doing.

It could happen to any of us. Then how would you feel?
    😉

• I'm not mad. I still like him. I just wanted to see if you'd date someone missing a body part

• Gimmi the missing toe.

• I said yes, but honestly after thinking it again... I don't know.

• I understand where you're coming from. I guess I can deal because its a finger which is barely noticeable, but I'm not sure. I have a cousin whos mixing a finger and it slightly makes me uncomfortable to look at. This guy however, I guess i can overlook it because i really like him. Plus, its not his whole finger. It a bit above the knuckle. Also, he wasn't born like that. My friend guy said it was a lawn mower incident

• Yea its like I saw it, and just I don't know it was easy to forget

• as long as it doesn't stop you from having a relationship with the guy, whatever the nature of it, you're good.

• Elizabeth from bioshock was cute as hell even though she had a thimble over half her pinky:
    cdn.themis-media.com/.../697809.jpg
    So yeah, totally.

• Yea i never even noticed his finger til now. Its not bad

• Dang it, when will that game go on sale... -_-

I've been wanting to play it for a while now, but I can't justify spending 50-60 bucks on a game.

• @anno_domini thats the same thing i said about N4S Rivals

• Missing an appendage doesn't in any way matter to me , the personality is what matters to me

• I mean, to me it matters but it can easily be overlooked

• In the beginning it may seem that way , but given a chance and a little time it will become less of a focal point and become just something that's there

• I can't imagine myself ever having an issue with something like that.

• Yea. I mean I've liked two guys in wheelchairs. This guy is the first that I've met and liked who was missing something. I'll admit, a missing arm or leg would make me nervous, but when you really love someone, you learn to love all of them

• honestly... no

after all i'm not into relationships... so... :-P

• a limb is a lot to overlook, it makes life difficult for your partner, there is a lot of feelings of inadequacy for people missing limbs...

• Yea. I mean he never brought it up. I just so happened to spot it today

• Hmmmmm i know exactly what you mean!
      i hate it!!! lol!
      the only way you can find out is by asking mutual friends that you trust or if you express yourself to him (speech, body language, or social media)

• Yea I'll probably learn more about him from my other friend who told me about his finger

• That's sad realistically in real life I feel like people could over look something like a finger or toe, not a hand, foot, leg, arm, eye, nose, or mouth.

• Yea I noticed that too

• Yeah I mean there is a difference between what people say and mean and this is a text book case example of that. Cause I mean how many people who are not handicapped dating handicapped people? Its very rare.

• Yea you dont see that often

• I think I could, it would just take a little getting used to. If you really like someone, I don't think it should matter too much, especially if it's just a finger.

• If she was missing an eye lolololol
    www.jnellciesielski.com/.../eyepatch2.jpg

• Yes, I could overlook a missing limb.

• One can also ask, would u drop them if they lossed it when they are in relationship with u

• He just lost it, but like a year or so before i met him. I still like him, but I get what you mean. Like most people love someone, but if a car accident changed them, they'd diss that person

• Anything is a turn off if you are alowing yourself to believe so.. a relationship is more than physical appearance. .

• Yeah, no problem. It would even add some meaning to the relationship.

• Ask him how it happened.

• My friend went to school with him. He said that it was a lawn mower incident. He and I talk, but i dont feel its the right time to bring it up

• I only just read your other comment to another commentator in regards to the accident.

I know how you must feel, human beings are very apprehensive towards anyone with physical deformities and missing limbs, the stigma itself makes us question whether they are of good genetic stock. I suppose you are right, it is too soon to bring that issue up (that is if it even matters really).

• Yea its not the right time. Lol i mustve talked him up. He just walked up :D

• I actually find it interested. It could be hard to live with but I'm compelled to ask them about it.

• no one would if they didn't have to

• No I can't, I'd be too bothered by it.

• Yeah definitely, I'm not shallow. My current girlfriend is missing a head but I can look past that because she's a beautiful person. I also have social anxiety so it helps that I don't have to talk to her either.
    I wouldn't date a girl that didn't have a vagina though.

• say to him "I supposed you're not very good at fingering a girl are you?"

What Girls Said 18

• I could. But honestly I'd need to dedicate like an hour to investigating the missing area. And that's not generally accepted by people lol

• Yea I see where you're coming from

• Oh good. Like, I'd be okay with it, but first I'd need to investigate it lol. I'm a very curious person. Haha my friend dated a guy with a missing leg once and she basically made him take his fake leg off so she could touch and see the stump. It's like a taboo behavior but I'd totally be the same way.

• Oh you mean investigate as in touch? I thought you meant you'd just ask how it happened

• Missing a finger or toe is noting but if he's majorly handicapped and I love him I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with himhim even then

• My synchro coach had three fingers in her left arm and four in the other. She was born this way and seeing that she was still able to show us how to do the figures just encouraged us to overlook that.

So yes I would date someone with a missing limb. But eye... I don't know honestly.

• Of course I could. We all have flaws. And if everything else was great why not.. Do onto others as you'd have done to you, would you want people to avoid you if you were missing something?

• It's not the same if you're missing a foot/arm and if you are missing a finger. I'd think about the first one, and the second one no problem.

• The heart is what makes the man, however we all should be honest with our self and if there are problems with an acceptance of a physical difference, be aware.

• I don't know. If I were inlove, yes. But each case is different. And besides it depends in how that person handle it.

• Yea you do have to consider their feelings. People laughing at how he can't high five probably makes him feel a bit insecure, but i can barely tell because he's so outgoing

• I could. I'd love them through thick and thin.

• this is tricky
    but honestly
    i dont think i would date a handicapped person by choice but if we were inlove and it happends while we are togethe.. i would stay because i fell inlove with him as a person long before.

• It doesn't matter, as long as I love him it's not a big deal to me.

• It's not something to be "overlooked" or "accepted" really. It's his body. The way it is.

• Yeah I could overlook it. Well unless it was an eye and they don't cover it up. I'm not good with eye stuff.

• accidentally voted no, but yes

• I don't really care. If he can function "normally" then I don't give a sh*t.

• 0|0
    • You know it took me forever to notice in this pic that he was missing a leg. I was too busy tryna see his tattoos

• Lo. He is so fine.

• no it would be to complicated

• Would missing all of those be complicated? Or just certain ones

• Like a missinf leg would make me nervous, but ibe liked people paralyzed, so not too different

• that would make me nervous too

• If it's a problem u don't like him enough. I think it would be cute, something interesting.

• I didn't say that its a prob for me. I said other people are rude

• I wouldn't have a problem with a limb at all but you're right people can be mean

• It's a finger, not lips dick brain or tongue. Don't see how it will get in your way.

• Its not bothering me. People are just rude.

• Yea people always will be. If his hair was too curly they'd laugh at that, if his hair is to straight they'd laugh at that... Whatever it is, people will always find a reason. Just because his is a missing finger it's easier for them to find a reason.

• They actually laugh at the fact that his hair is too curly lol