Ladies, did you know men can really misread your attitude? while you might just be shy, insecure and lacking confidence, y'all can come off very?

stuck up. snobbish and a bitch.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well that's their issue, sometimes I have to be a bitch because guys won't leave me alone or say "you are lying to me" if I tell them I have a boyfriend and don't want to go on a date with them. So I act standoffish to avoid those conflicts because I do in fact have a boyfriend. It's usually just a defense mechanism because guys don't seem to understand the word no most of the time. So I'd rather guys think I'm a bitch than be followed around and feel uncomfortable.
    Plus many guys thought I was "stuck-up"or a "prude" but that helped me avoid assholes who made assumptions about me. I didn't have to waste time on people who judge without knowing someone. My boyfriend actually tried to get to know me before judging and that's how I knew he was worthwhile.

What Girls Said 18

• Yes. I know. And I've been told that several times. Don't really give a shit.

• yes this is why men are selfish too and not care.

• Shy =/= selfish.

• well i m told i m intimidating when i dont open my mouth or when i m a social botterfly some girls are intimidated by me. but i do things to make people around me comfortable to approach me. sorry i didn't mean to say selfish, but i guess just not assertive? i start convos and even make fun of people to kill the tension and make myself more comfy.

• Yes, I'm aware. No, I don't really mind all that much.

• Yes! I used to be extremely shy, and people always told me that!

• Yes... I'm sure I do. I can't help it. I can't think when I'm around a guy whose handsome... But on the flip side... You guys can come off as not interested as well...

• Yep. I've had people of both genders tell me they thought I was a bitch and/or hated them because I'm so shy... on top of having resting bitch face.

• This is been a life long problem of mine. Guys think I am blanking them when I am shy. It gets even worse when you are friends building a relationship. Absolutely nothing I can do. Men and Women read two different languages. So I roll with it.

• What do you think we should do instead?

• depends what you want and how much you care. personally i m very assertive. itll make you comfortable while otehrs as well

• Yea dudes used to call me stuck up, but I'm just shy. They learn that they misread me afrer getting to know me

• Its not just men that misread people and its not just women who are misread but yes.

• Yeah I've heard.. so got tips nips?

• So very similar to guys then?

• Yes, I'm well aware of that

• I know but i dont care.

• Huh, haven't had this problem. If I seem stuck up and snobbish it's usually intentional. Otherwise I think I come off as OK

• usually I distance myself from people who can't read body language.

• People should stop making assumption... but they won't. Ohh well.

• Guys, did you know that most girls aren't going to change themselves just to make sure you find us less snobbish and bitchy? If my anxiety is an inconvenience to you, that's your own fucking problem.

• lol I've had anxiety problems and i found that being assertive and coming off apporachable helped me. "i dont care" attitude is so ignorant and such a petty mind when were all related. i dont even know why girls are getting defensive.

• If I try to be assertive I end up shaking violently. I've ended up puking on occasion. I have to try my best to blend in and attract no attention to myself or I WILL break down. So, no, I don't care what people think of it

• i know how hard it is. but you have to apply cognitive behavioural therapy and practice. most times it doesn't go way but you gotta just face it and each time gets easier and easier and re program your brain... you dont have to care. but you're not doing yourself any favours either. its not about others... its about yourself.

• I was really shy and not confident about putting the moves on this guy, and I found out that's what he wanted me to do. He told me it came across as me setting a boundary that he didn't want to cross.

What Guys Said 4

• That applies to guys too. I was very quiet in high school because I had zero confidence, little did I know lots of people thought I was arrogant.

• Yeah, it's called bitchy resting face. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v98CPXNiSk

• Lol one of these girls live in the apartment 2 floors below me and the first time my and roommates and I met her and her roommates I was legit scared that she was gonna make fun of me or something lmao. She is one of those who comes off as bitchy but she is actually pretty funny and really sarcastic. I tried to flirt with her once and she shot me down hard with her sarcasm lmao I was so embarrassed.

• And guys are labeled assholes by some if we're withdrawn. I was and didn't really care so much.