How To Not Send Myself To The Friendzone?

Hi! If you've seen any of my answers, than you know I say that taking the direct route is best. Problem is, I suck at it. ^-^ Yeah, mister Liver sucks at being direct with women without sending himself straight to the friend zone. *shiver* Here's what I do. I'm direct. Yes. I say hi. Good. I put on my happy mask that screams out "I'M A FRIEND AT BEST". Ah... yeah... Thing is, I suck at talking to people. Especially women. So how do I go about being myself (yes, the happy mask is part of me) without making the lass freak out, say "screw off", or toss me into that dreaded area where I can never recover from? Essentially: How can I let a woman see me as a potential boyfriend without losing my weird, quirky self and all of my hidden gloom?

What Girls Said 1

• Make it clear from the second you meet her that you're not looking for a relationship

• Um... I kinda am. Or at least want her to think, "Oh, he might be a nice guy to date sometime." Instead of, "Oh, he's just a friend."

What Guys Said 1

• Be attractive, physically and emotionally.

• That's a bit hard when I wanna be myself. I'm pretty odd. I'm snarky, sarcastic, laid back and generally free-spirited. I have a delayed filter (means I'll say something than backpedaling if I said something stupid or mean). I get what you're saying, but I can't be that. Not from how I see it. Nor do I want to. I wanna be me. Want a girl to like me as me enough that she'll consider getting to know me as more than a friend.