Anyone here insecure about their race?

I love my race, but not when it comes to dating. I'm of subcontinental origin, and I'm well aware that we are somewhere near the bottom of the dating hierarchy when it comes to a woman's "preference".

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating hierarchy and woman's preference can suck a fuck. I love my race, and if that's not someone's cup of tea that's on them. I know my race, what we are, and what I'm from, and that's more than enough for me. I know at my core I'm an intelligent, good looking, introspective and fit human being, and at the end of the day, that's all I can be. If someone doesn't like me cause I'm Asian, then shit, I guess that's that.

You can't go through life pleasing everyone, especially for something you had no control over. So you may as well not rely on people for your self confidence and security.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah I've grown up being reflected because guys don't "like black girls" or they "don't dare black girls or they "only date light skin black girls" or "black girls aren't pretty". And this is by black guys a lot so it makes me feel like my own group doesn't vein think I'm pretty.
    It's left me with a lot of self esteem issues and I know that when me and my friends walk into a room I'm the ugliest one by default.
    I'm by no way ashamed of being black or by identifying thy way; but knowing when it come to the dating world or national/international beauty I'm at the bottom.

• I don't like it or hate it. I consider it an indifferent aspect about myself.

• No, but I hate when people start talking about it, my friends sometimes make me feel as though I should be. At the end of the day we're all humans, no need to knock each other down.

• Im a black girl but im into white or lighter skinned guys, I don't know why but bear with me here. I feel like white guys dont like black girls or anything so im always thinking im gonna be forever alone bc of the things I like dont like me. I tell myself all the time that to some person, color won't matter but... where are they?

• i like my races and i love being eurasian

• No cuz White privilege

• Yeah I am. I'm half black and half white but people say I look Indian or from middle East. Though some say I'm a n****r or look like latino.

So I don't feel like I belong to any race. And no race accepts me. Anyways I grew up in a society where majority of people is white. I wish I was white because here (and everywhere else) they are thought to be most beautiful. I haven't dated and feel like I have chance because I don't feel beautiful. Because guys prefer white girls. I wish I was one too.

• I'm not insecure.

What Guys Said 7

• Only when I dance...
    i2.kym-cdn.com/.../DUANE.gif

• sometimes i feel ashamed for being white, because of some white people's actions (police brutality against non-whites, treating blacks like slaves in the past, consindering themselves superior, media promotes only white guys/girls, etc)

• When I was younger yes... but recently since I became a whole lot more confident I can't say that I feel the same.

• The moment u become insecure u end up at the bottom of the dating hierarchy... Have some confidence man..

If a girl doesn't like u for ur race then move on and keep searching.. Isn't dating all about finding the right person?

• Most girls are racist when it comes to dating.

• Does that bother u? Y do u even care about it? Thr ia always a girl out thr for everyone.. It doesn't depend on the race.. If that was the case all the so called "not my type" race would have become extinct by now... Stop blaming ur race for everything... If thr are racists there wil always b anti-racists too... don't give up and have confidence in everything u do... Scroll down on some of questions here... Girls pref confident guys.. The race doesn't matter except for a few

• Right now and hopefully in the future and beyond no... but I was when its my first time being the only Asian in the whole school and that didn't last long

• Nope I love being black, the only negative is its hard to find a girl in my race that's nice. Other than that dating is easy if I want to start a relationship.

• Sometimes I feel insecure being Indian. Because I at least know a few American friends of mine who say they stink or things like speak in their own language loudly and block corridors. I also hear that they have no respect for being on time. Unfortunately some of this is true from the Indians here and whom these guys have come across.

So though I am not like that, I keep fit, clean and started wearing deo once I knew they weren't joking about my body odor, they make me feel aanswerable with the jokes on Indians

Also, many Indian girls don't even care about looking good or keeping fit and that dissapoints me. They grew up thinking that to take care of your appearance or give it any importance is being shallow.

I grew up mostly outside India and I got in touch with Indian culture through the vast cannon of literature, movies, festivals and Hindu philosophy. I love my cultural heritage. But there are certain things like the ones I mentioned in my first paragraph and the way politics is in India, I feel I become answerable for in the face of "Indian jokes".

A particular American friend of mine (though the doesn't always) can joke about the condition of things in India to which I feel hurt. But more recent developments like India's Mars mission and the largest Solar Energy project puts me in a better spot.

But my personal opinion, I see people as themselves because I know the feeling of being guaged by the scale of what "your people" do.