Is dating on a limited/tight budget possible? Would you, as a girl, continue to date knowing the guy had limited funds at this time?

By limited I mean merely a coffee or simple and cheap take out meals... something like McDonald's or take away chips (fries, if you like). Probably not the best idea for a date. . but when money is short, there's not a lot more that one can do... not at this time anyway.

Probably silly questions.. But... Even more silly not to ask.. Correct me if I'm wrong... Expectations seem high these days. I fear if I can't afford a fancy meal and maybe a movie, every date... That there will be no future dates.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dates dont need to be fancy spending a lot of money. When i started dating my boyfriend we would get a carton of icecream two plastic spoons and we would go sit at a park on top of a hill over Looking the city. That date cost what maybe five dollars including gas to drive there. Dates to me aren't about where you go or how much you spend. Its about getting to know someone having amazing conversations. if the girl your dating complains about not being fancy enough or that you never take her out i would run just means she doesn't truley enjoy time with you she enjoys time with your wallet.

• Thanks for your reply. That's what I believe too. That the purpose of a date is to get to know the person you are with. Its not about the money. A carton of Ice cream is an interesting idea.. Glad you mentioned that. :-)

What Girls Said 4

• It is a lie when people say they don't care about money, we just have to. Money = security and protection. It is the equivalent to being the cave man that was more likely to survive fights with animals. However people that care about the amount others have are shallow and aren't worth your time.

My personal feelings are this, yes I care about money, but I care about how you treat your money not how much you have. I'd rather be with someone that knows and succeeds in budgeting than someone that has a large income and goes through it like water. I can't trust the latter to protect me when I need it because money comes and goes and he has no back up plan or security. Someone that budgets and saves does. That's more appealing.

• I agree, budgeting is an important part of finances. It does provide more security than someone who just throws money away.

Thanks for your reply. I really apreaciate it.

• No, I know people who would play cards... Go to each others house... Cook a meal... do a movie there... etc... All things that don't require a lot of money. Honestly... I perfer a baseball game to the movies anyways... And you can get tickets higher up for pretty cheap.

• I wouldn't mind, he'd just have to come out and tell me that he's struggling with money or else I might get annoyed with cheap food over and over. But if he came out and told me I'd understand and probably try to pick up the bill sometimes.

• If she just wants expensive dates, she's not worthy.

What Guys Said 1

• A great date isn't about spending the most amount of money and going to extraordinary lengths to showcase wealth and a false sense of grandeur. Dating is about meeting someone new, forming a connection and assessing whether or not you and your date have the spark necessary to progress forward.

The best dates I have had have not been the most expensive, my most enjoyable date was a picnic in the mid-afternoon followed by a lengthy stroll and then going to see the Breakfast club at an open roof cinema complex in the evening. Unfortunately nothing developed with the said girl, there was another man (there is always another man to throw a spanner into my works) but an enjoyable day out was had by me and I even had enough money left for a night out the following evening with friends.