Really good first date - so why do I feel so bad about it?

I met this guy a month ago and we went on our first date on Valentine's and it went really well. He's texted me several times since and has said he had a really good time. But as time's gone on, I've felt less and less sure. I mean its been a couple days now and he's not asked me out again. I'm really worried for some reason that he's leading me on and that he's just hoping for someone better to come along. I went through a mess break up with my ex and just really don't want to get hurt again. I don't realy know what to do. I know I'm getting ahead of myself. But everytime he texts I just don't feel like there's much point cus I'll just get hurt. Am I just being ridiculous?

Most Helpful Guy

• I will go out on a limb here and say that you are not ready to jump back into the dating game just yet.

You need to allow yourself ample time to recover from the pain that a break up inflicts. It is not fair on the person you are dating if you bring with you the demons from your past relationship. It is hard enough meeting someone new, forming a connection and laying the foundations of a new relationship without the added baggage of the past being hauled into proceedings.

A person that has laid their ghosts to rest from a previous relationship would not be asking the question you are asking and so perhaps it is wise for you to either back away from proceeding further or if you are adamant to press ahead that you do so at a pace that is comfortable with you.

What Guys Said 1

• The others have good points, I just want to add having a first date on Valentine's day adds a lot of pressure and can over highlight the experience. I think you just need to relax and take it one day at a time.

What Girls Said 1

• Okay stop. Seriously stop. I know its hard because us females always over think but try not to over think this situation. Breathe. he's into you. Hello he took you out for your first date one the most romantic night of the year. He will want to see you again, but if he doesn't that's okay too. Realise that not every experience is a bad one and don't let the fear of rejection cloud your life