What is your view on dating multiple people?

I met two guys and I like them both. Ironically they even have the same name 'James'. Is it wrong two date multiple people at once?

The dates aren't blind dates or computer dates. I have met them both in person before dating them

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not believe it is wrong providing you are not exclusive with any of them and providing you are not having sex with both of them.

If all you are doing is meeting up and going out on dates then there is not wrong at all. Internet dating is much the same way, a friend of mine can go on two to three dates a week at times from Internet dating and that seems to be a common occurrence in that realm of dating.

• Well.. I have slept with one and not the other. Should I make a decision?

• What do you want? That is the first question you must ask yourself. Are you looking for a relationship? Are you looking for casual fun? Define what it is you want first and foremost.

If you want a relationship then you need to choose which guy you like more and hopefully the guy that you like more is what you consider relationship material and wants the same thing you want.

If all you want is casual sex then you can have sex with both guys but it is in their best interest and yours to inform them both that you are having sex with more than one person.

The last thing you need to happen is for one of them to pass on a STD and you then carry it and spread it to others.

• Thank you for Most Helpful Opinion.

What Guys Said 6

• depends on who you ask but technically since dating is not a real commitment its fine. its like trying on different clothes at the store to see which one you like best. you can grab 1 item at a time or multiple and go into the changing room.

some people, however, prefer that when they date a person they want all of their focus on them and vice versa.

but multiple dating is okay. its just dating. when you find out you both like each other more and more then you can date exclusively and etc.

• If you like someone stick to only him, but if your going on a bunch of first time blind dates or computer dates Its ok.

• Not at all. You are young so just have fun as much as you can

• Unless there are pre-agreed upon terms of commitment then its fine.

• I have no idea how I would feel about that. I would hate to date more than one person at a time, but then I would also hate to only date one person at a time since it would be slower to find the person you want

• No keep your opinions open

What Girls Said 3

• Dating means you're getting to know someone and seeing if you "click". So no, it's not wrong to date multiple guys. Otherwise it's the same as you essentially being in a relationship... You are supposed to be meeting new people and seeing who suits you the best. Unless a formal commitment was made that you'll be exclusive then you are free to do whatever. Also it's important to also be honest. Don't lead a guy on to believe you are dating only him when you aren't.

• I don't think it's right, but I guess that depends on how you view dating in general.

If dating is a way to be with a potential life partner, then I think it would be wrong to date multiple people. But if you are dating just to hang out together then I guess it's fine?

• no judging but it ain't my thing.. and i will NEVER do that